D1-miui-1.1.22.1

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by jamezelle, Jan 24, 2011.

1. stlcity

stlcity Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys I have a quick question about the bluetooth...Everytime I wipe and install the new version of miui I have go thru the setup with pairing the phone with my car. I was wondering if there is an easier way to do it. I tried to backup bluetooth setting and restoring using TB. Still was not successful. Thanks on advance.

2. 1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well going back to Bugless Beast , MIUI is nice , great work , was wowed at first and will use again someday , thanks for letting me play .

3. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    every new build of MIUI i go to i've religiously wiped...3Xs data and cache. I didn't even restore anything through titanuim or MIUI backup and started with a blank slate. All previously builds of MIUI never had this problem for me, but this build does...and it appears others are having the same issue.

Not sure if its the messaging app or a data connection issue as I've seen reported issues with users losing 3G connection and had to toggle airplane mode on/off.

Im wondering if anyone is looking into the possiblity that it could be a legit bug? jam? hopp?

4. hoppermi

hoppermi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It may be chewy, but I personally haven't missed any msgs. Verizon has a pretty shaky record when it comes to msging, (google verizon messaging problems), so it would be hard to pinpoint the cause. It could be app, service, location, or carrier related. More information needs to be provided to establish a pattern that can be traced.

5. leonozug

leonozug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chewy instead of wiping data and cache 3x just wipe data/factory reset, then wipe cache partition. Then go into Partitions and format boot, system, data and cache. See how it works for you after that. I've found that way of wiping works best. I've had problems just wiping data and cache before. Wiping data an cache 3X isn't any different than wiping them once really.

6. WarlockLord

WarlockLord New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Need some help or at least a push in the right direction... I'm running Miui on an Evo, which I have running on the Verizon network. I understand that this isn't the Evo's forum, but my problem seems to be more network related and since the Droid 1 runs on VZW, I thought I would ask here.

My problem is with MMS. I can receive MMS no problem on the Evo after I have restored the appropriate apn using APN Backup and Recovery, and activated it using APN Manager. But I can't send. If I'm on Wifi and I try to send an MMS, I can see the 3G activate and some very quick data transmit back and forth, and then the 3G drops out again. If I'm on 3G already, I see the arrows fluctuate quickly and then stop. Either scenario, the end user never gets the message.

If I run logcat through adb, I can see the apn connection come up, tells me that its in a connected state, but it doesn't appear that the MMS app actually tries to transmit anything. I've tried replacing mms.apk from the D1 rom with the 1 from the Evo rom, but with the same result. Are there any other apk's I should try to pull over? Or maybe some other config files?

7. hoppermi

hoppermi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This might be better asked in the IRC linked in the OP. Someone might come along here who can help, but there are some really skilled devs that hang out in the IRC. Sunday may be slow, but they check in frequently.

8. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    has anybody tried to reflash the latest radio over the current build?
    just a thought, perhaps by flashing it over the build it would reset and fix this issue as it has been flashed after MIUI has set itself up.
    I'm no tech whiz, but I did play one on TV.
    Let me know if this has already been attempted and if not let us no the new outcome regardless of its success.
    Thanks
    Sent from danceswithbongs underground lab at Los Bongamos

9. BigRich93

BigRich93 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude just get the Yahoo mail app...

10. BigRich93

BigRich93 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  11. loveubuntu

loveubuntu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not a big deal but appears that MIUI backup does not restore EVERYTHING backed up. One of my games, Air attack, did not. I even went back a second time and chose just that one program but still a no go. Used TiBu pro instead. Not sure if this was mentioned before. Love this new launcher animation.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

12. Loooney2ns

Loooney2ns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It has been discussed. Miui Backup only restores programs originally installed on the phone, not on the SD card.

Search tags for this page

jcbbiggs

phantom reboot