D1 - Headphone Jack is All Screwy

Briankbl

Reaction score
My headphone jack is super sensitive. I can be listening to some tunes in Power Amp, nudge the plug ever so slightly, then a different track will start playing in the built-in music app, closing Power Amp.

Are there settings I can change in the regular Music app to disable headset function?

Posted using the power of knowledge.

LewD1

Reaction score
Solution

if Im reading your post right, it just jumps to a different music player.... mine did that same thing when using Power AMP. Are you rom'd? There might be a setting in the rom menu to start up the default music player when head phones are inserted. It went away on its own for some reason, or maybe I did change something...I did end up deleting Poweramp.

Try the coffee stirrer trick to fix the loose headphone jack

http://livingwithanerd.com/droid-1droid-2droid-x-loose-headphone-jack-repair-guide/

Last edited:
OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Nothing in Spare Parts, and BB Toolkit keeps force closing on me (running an old bugless beast ROM).

Thanks for the straw tip, I'll try that out later.

Rento

Reaction score
D1 hardware issue. I got 2 D1s and they all do it. Just try to not tweak your headphone cable lol.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Greeeaaat, lol. Thanks for the info, everyone.

jayman350

Reaction score

how long have you had your d1? if you are still under the 1-year warranty you can get a recert one from VZW. I've replaced 2 of them for this exact reason

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score

how long have you had your d1? if you are still under the 1-year warranty you can get a recert one from VZW. I've replaced 2 of them for this exact reason

Nah, I'm SOL. Got mine back in December of 09. Never really used headphones with it until recently, so I had no idea this issue existed and that it was so widespread.

atomicbottom

Reaction score
I started experiencing this problem in early 2010 and after a number of web searches found reference to an app called "block headset". Installing this app and running it has stopped problems with dueling music apps on my Droid.

Good luck to you.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
DUDE! Thanks, that worked like a charm. Good looking out.

fireman00

Reaction score
I was having a huge problem with the default Music player starting whenever the headset plug was jostled and Pandora/ Slakard/ FM or Radio would be put on hold.

The "Block Headset" app resolved the problem. Thanks!

wseyller

Reaction score
Wow I never knew this was an engineering defect. I bought mine used and I just thought got damaged. It actually isn't superbad. I used it all the time. There was one day I the headphone jack icon was on with nothing plugged in. Made the speaker not work, so I had to use an app to disable it so I could make phone calls. Problem went away the next day and never came back.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk