D1, CM 7.0.3 and WiFi Problem

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by ChezJfrey, Aug 12, 2011.

1. ChezJfrey

ChezJfrey New Member

I have a D1 and after a solid, long run on CM 5.0.8, with absolutely no trouble and above-average performance, I finally decided to update this last week to a new-and-improved. I also changed to a Chevy LV 900 kernel in the process (think I had a bekit 1000 or something prior).

Everything was fine for this last week until I decided to use the WiFi to connect to my home network. When I enable and turn it on, my CPU pins at 900, remains there and things get very slow and unresponsive. I connect fine and ping and navigate to my router config from the browser @ 192.168.1.1. But it takes considerable patience to get the far, waiting for the apps to launch...

And from there, things get much worse as I try to proceed with phone life...screens lagging, many notifications that ADW.Launcher is not responding (wait or FC). When I go to settings/wireless & networks, if I then select WiFi Settings, that menu never shows up...after considerable waiting, not responding message, wait or FC every single time. Attempting to disconnect via the WiFi widget doesn't do anything...eventually the phone is unusable as the screen will go black and no longer respond to touch input. The only solution is to hit power, enable airplane mode, then reboot so as not to have WiFi automatically restart. Then, I can unselect airplane in the settings and quickly uncheck WiFi when it is starting up.

I had read that some CM 6 and early 7 users had WiFi issues but got the impression they were resolved?

While this is not a critical feature for me, I would like to resolve if possible. Any ideas how to fix this? If not, I can always restore back to the trusty phone I had before as the images are safely stored, but I was kinda getting used to the new :)

D1, CM 7.0.3, Chevy 2.6.32 LV .9 Ghz
  2. ChezJfrey

ChezJfrey New Member

Hmmm, I'm getting the impression that either I'm hallucinating, or I'm the only one suffering from this, LOL!

Since I'm using a Chevy kernel now, I figured it's worth a shot to try his Simply Stunning...maybe the two will work better together coming from the same developer.

So now, I'm at SS 5.4, Chevy 2.6.32 LV 1.0 Ghz (why not a little bump this time :) )

In order to properly test, without influence of outside factors, I downloaded, wiped dalvik and data, flashed, noticed in Chevy's tools that some updates were needed, flashed those, then set out to try WiFi connection. Exact same problem. Once it connects, the CPU pins at max, stays there and eventually, running apps or even navigating to settings screens will get very unresponsive, then eventually after a few 'wait or FC' messages, the screen never updates and remains black....can't do anything.

From there, I set into airplane mode via power button so that at reboot the Wifi doesn't try anything, then after boot I uncheck airplane and quickly toggle off WiFi as it starts and everything is fine again.

After this test, I installed all my apps, configured everything how I want and tried some things and noticed right away that my performance and near non-existent screen lags seemed much faster than my CM 7/Chevy .9 combo (granted, I'm using a slightly faster Chevy at 1.0 now). Just out of curiosity I ran a Quadrant test and my score went up 300 points from my CM mark! Not surprising given my gut feeling.

I may keep this SS as it is noticeably faster and smooth working for everything else I tried on the phone, but still want to figure this WiFi thing out....it's really the only issue I have right now; everything else works great! Though I can probably live without it, well, things like this bug me if I can't figure a way to fix it :) I never had this problem until going to CM 7 and now with SS.

Now that I have SS, I can turn the logging Chevy disables in his kernel back on via his tools, anyone think a logcat might offer a clue about what's going on when WiFi is enabled? I suppose it won't hurt to look...
Search tags for this page

ios 7.0.3 wifi problems

wi fi problems with 7.03 update