D1 Charger connector

wierdo124

Reaction score
My d1 has been worrying me for awhile about its charger connection. Previously it just wiggled a little more than normal but now tonight I actually had to fiddle with it to get it to charge. Then I touched it and it lost power again.

Is this a known problem? It's not under warranty, but could I call verizon and chew them out enough to replace it?

Sent from my etch a sketch

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Has it been over a year? If its a manufacture defect could be warranty issue.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
W

wierdo124

Reaction score
Yes, I said it's not under warranty

Sent from my etch a sketch

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
There were some people who had issues with this a while ago, loose plugs, but haven't heard much lately. If you got insurance that'd be your best bet I would think.

Sent from somewhere...

droidman101

Reaction score
Moto gives you a 1 year warranty with the phone, if its in the year go to vzw and they'll replace the charger

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Try another cable to see if it's the cable. If it's actually the phone then you'll need to either see about replacing the phone or figuring out how to wiggle it.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Mine is loose and my warranty is almost up. My phone will probably break right after the warranty is up. Its got a power button that gets worse and worse every day and a headphone jack that is starting to cut out. I should have had my second refurbished phone replaced but it apparently works barely enough to not be eligible even though I have seen others get new phones with the same problems.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Mine is loose and my warranty is almost up. My phone will probably break right after the warranty is up. Its got a power button that gets worse and worse every day and a headphone jack that is starting to cut out. I should have had my second refurbished phone replaced but it apparently works barely enough to not be eligible even though I have seen others get new phones with the same problems.
Take it to a store, ask for a replacement. If they won't do it, take it to another store and ask them. If they won't do anything, call VZW directly. :)

/hijack

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Take it to a store, ask for a replacement. If they won't do it, take it to another store and ask them. If they won't do anything, call VZW directly. :)

/hijack

I already tried taking it to a different store, I will probably end up calling them.

OP
W

wierdo124

Reaction score
Moto gives you a 1 year warranty with the phone, if its in the year go to vzw and they'll replace the charger
read above.
Try another cable to see if it's the cable. If it's actually the phone then you'll need to either see about replacing the phone or figuring out how to wiggle it.
it's the connector.

My power button isn't showing signs of failure at all.

Guys, i know Motorola won't do anything about it. But if i called Verizon and *****ed enough, would they replace it?

OP
W

wierdo124

Reaction score
I bought it off CL. I just emailed the guy i bought it from and asked for a receipt, but i'm still not holding my breath.

Contract is good, we've been with Verizon for 6 years and never had a problem.

I might call them tomorrow. I have figured out a way to get it to charge (put phone on a ledge and hang wire off the side to pull it down) but i'm not so sure that will last the another year.

Maybe if i chew Verizon out enough they'll give me a Droid X?

Sniper_5

Reaction score
It doesn't matter where you buy the phone, Verizon, motorola and asurion will cover any phone on the account. I've already spoken to all three about this on the phone.

Sent from my DROID running UD2.1 @ 1Ghz