D1 and D2 overclocking

loki993

Reaction score
Just kinda wondering what the deal is. More a curiosity thing then anything else.

I've seen people that can oc their D1 to over 1ghz, people have phone that are running fine at 1.23 even. All from a processor that was originally clocked at what 550mghz? It was downclocked, but from what 600? 1.2 would still be double the speed.

I see people cant seem to get more then about 1.4 out of the D2 and most are around 1.2 right? I've researched a little but I don't know a ton, so correct me if I'm wrong. Noone has hit 2.0, would would equal the ocability, if you will, of the D1.

Why is this? Like I said its more a curiosity thing then anything else.

dasanman69

Reaction score
Just kinda wondering what the deal is. More a curiosity thing then anything else.

I've seen people that can oc their D1 to over 1ghz, people have phone that are running fine at 1.23 even. All from a processor that was originally clocked at what 550mghz? It was downclocked, but from what 600? 1.2 would still be double the speed.

I see people cant seem to get more then about 1.4 out of the D2 and most are around 1.2 right? I've researched a little but I don't know a ton, so correct me if I'm wrong. Noone has hit 2.0, would would equal the ocability, if you will, of the D1.

Why is this? Like I said its more a curiosity thing then anything else.

Because the D1 ROCKS!!!

skruid

Reaction score
The CPU will not be stable enough on the Droid for 2.0, the thunderbolt I beloved has been that high, I have had my Droid 1 up to 1.4, it was alittle unstable, the iPhone has the same processor as the Droid and it comes stock at 800mgh

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

skruid

Reaction score
Oberclockimg the Droid one and Droid two aren't even comparable, you get better results if you can flash a kernel to change the min and Max frequencies, vs use an app to do it

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
The CPU will not be stable enough on the Droid for 2.0, the thunderbolt I beloved has been that high, I have had my Droid 1 up to 1.4, it was alittle unstable, the iPhone has the same processor as the Droid and it comes stock at 800mgh

Yeah I think they hit 2.0 maybe not even a week after the kernel was released, lol. Haven't heard how stable it is though.

Oberclockimg the Droid one and Droid two aren't even comparable, you get better results if you can flash a kernel to change the min and Max frequencies, vs use an app to do it

I figured that may have been why, no access the flash a new kernel.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If we had an unlocked bootloader on the D2 and DX then we could flash custom kernels which would probably increase the clock speed some. It would also bring increased stability at the 'now' high end.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
Any progress being made on getting the bootloader unlocked or is that basically a lost cause?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It has a 2048 bit encryption code. I hate to say it but unless motorola decides to unlock it, it's a lost cause. Also from what I have been reading on the update to 2.3 for the DX, it will come with a new bootloader.

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
It has a 2048 bit encryption code. I hate to say it but unless motorola decides to unlock it, it's a lost cause. Also from what I have been reading on the update to 2.3 for the DX, it will come with a new bootloader.

Yeah sounds like it. 2048 is pretty much impossible, oh well. Like I said it was more curiosioty then anything else. Im sure the phone is fast enough anyway.