D1 actting crazy

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Milton515, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Milton515

Milton515 New Member

I recently started running the stock 2.2 image on my rooted D1 and all of a sudden I'm not receiving SMS and when I send one the person I send it to doesn't get it.... Is there something I have done wrong and can I reroot to fix the problem... Also I used the DMUpdater for my OG root access

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

"Re-rooting" only applies if you've un-rooted your phone. A few questions to help you find the problem:

1) Did you wipe data/cache before installed the ROM? If not, that could be causing your issues.

2) What "stock" ROM is it exactly? FRG22D? FRG83D? FRG01B? (There are several "stock" 2.2 builds, not all are created equal...)

3) Did you download it onto your computer and move it onto your sdcard or did you download it directly do your phone? Corrupted downloads can cause all kinds of problems.

I'm not familiar with the DMUpdater root process, so I can't vouch for its stability, but I do know that un-rooting and re-rooting using a tried-and-true method can alleviate some strange issues, but I would address #1 and #2 first.
  3. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

+1

DroidForums junkie!!
  4. Milton515

Milton515 New Member

1) Yes, I wiped 3x
    2) its the FRG22D build that is in Rom Manager
    3)I downloaded it directly to my phone from Rom Manager

I have Z4Root downloaded on my phone already.. I was thinking about using it to unroot then root all over again and start from scratch

5. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

DMUpdater may well have caused a faulty root process, but I would first try downloading a stock ROM on your computer and moving it onto your sdcard instead of dl-ing from ROM Manager. RM is known for corrupted downloads, not necessarily by fault of the program itself, but due to a wide variety of factors such as a weak connection or a brief interrupt in signal. Both of which can cause a ton of "random" problems.

Try that first. *Wipe data and cache even if it's the "same" ROM.* You want to overwrite the errors in the zip if they exist.