Cytown Phone (Incognito themed) ignoring per-contact ringtones

droib

Reaction score
I'm using 1.1.1 with the (SLIGHTLY) modified Incognito theme, which comes with the Cytown Phone.apk (themed). When I set a ringtone to a specific contact it works the first time that contact calls, then later it just uses the default ringtone (the menu still says it's using the custom ringtone). When I reset the custom ringtone it works again for one call.

I didn't post this in the theme section because it is possible that others are using Cytown with this ROM with no/another theme and have noticed this. Anyone have this problem, or a fix for it (other than going back to the unthemed default Phone.apk)?

wingdo

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't even realize cytown phone allowed that. I've been using ringo lite for my ringtones. I'll check it out.

OP
D

droib

Reaction score
Thanks wingdo for replying. It's not specifically a cytown feature, you just open your contacts, select a contact, touch the menu button and select "Options". This always worked fine with the default phone app.

jesusishere

Reaction score
You may have an app the contradicts and overrides the phones settings. Auto settings, ringtone pickers/editors may do this! Do you have any such apps?

OP
D

droib

Reaction score
You may have an app the contradicts and overrides the phones settings. Auto settings, ringtone pickers/editors may do this! Do you have any such apps?

No, I don't have any such programs, but if I did that would certainly be the place to start. Other than the themed cytown apk my phone experience is absolutely stock (sapphire that is).

jesusishere

Reaction score
If you could reproduce the bug for sure it may help. I never have used that feature. Got these results:

1. Changed my ringtone
2. Called my phone
3. Called it again
Result: Remained the same tone

1. Called phone
2. Placed phone on silent
3. Turned volume up
4. Called phone
Result: the same

Same as above, regarding putting it on silent (except)
3. Called phone
4. Turned volume up
5. Called phone
Result: Same

Rebooted phone and repeated all trials listed above and still got the same results. Do you have any themes? I'm running the newest version of incognito, and I think he installed a custom cytown (that may work better) so I may not get the same results as you.

OP
D

droib

Reaction score
If you could reproduce the bug for sure it may help. I never have used that feature. Got these results:

1. Changed my ringtone
2. Called my phone
3. Called it again
Result: Remained the same tone

1. Called phone
2. Placed phone on silent
3. Turn volume up
4. Called phone
Result: the same

Same as above, regarding putting it on silent (except)
3. Called phone
4. Turned volume up
5. Called phone
Result: Same

Rebooted phone and repeated all trials listed above and still got the same results. Do you have any themes? I'm running the newest version of incognito, and I think he installed a custom cytown (that may work better) so I may not get the same results as you.

As I write this I'm tweaking a couple of graphics on v.3.0 before installing it, maybe that will change things. Thanks for investigating!

OP
D

droib

Reaction score
Wiped, re-installed sapphire and upgraded to Incognito v.3.0. This appears to have fixed the problem, no idea why... I guess that's how it goes.