Cynogen 7.1 Mod issue

saitoh66

Reaction score
So I just installed the newest CynogenMod version (7.1.0) and I can't seem to sync my gmail account to my phone anymore. I keep getting the "unable to connect to server" message. I've tried all the simple things I could think of like rebooting, trying different gmail accounts, trying to find a good signal (my house is a black hole for any carrier in my neighborhood), etc etc. Anyone mind helping a newbie out? ;)

louy99

Reaction score
Tried on wifi? Reflash the rom, sometimes that helps.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
S

saitoh66

Reaction score
I havn't tried on wifi mainly because its hard to find any public wifi hotspots around my school and work. I have tried reflashing but it still wont work. Might try using different ROMs to see if its anything else other than the Cyanogen mod itself.

louy99

Reaction score
I downloaded this same rom on my D1 with no issues...perhaps get a fresh download?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Dilligaf

Reaction score
I have not problems with this issue - GMail app synced and runs fine - but would like a different notification tone for e-mail than I have for text messages. Had that on Froyo, don't have the option in CM 7.1.0., apparently. Anyone know how to do this?

BmanCV60

Reaction score
I have not problems with this issue - GMail app synced and runs fine - but would like a different notification tone for e-mail than I have for text messages. Had that on Froyo, don't have the option in CM 7.1.0., apparently. Anyone know how to do this?

Don't know if you got a response to this but just had to do the same - they don't make it simple!

From Gmail, go to settings then under Account Settings tap your email address. Scroll to the bottom for Notification settings and go to Labels to Notify. Under the Inbox dropdown you can select the notification tone. :happy:

Reaction score
Saitoh66,

When you flashed the phone did you wipe all the caches? You might have something lingering from your old rom that is screwing up your connection.

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Don't know if you got a response to this but just had to do the same - they don't make it simple!

From Gmail, go to settings then under Account Settings tap your email address. Scroll to the bottom for Notification settings and go to Labels to Notify. Under the Inbox dropdown you can select the notification tone. :happy:

Bman, thanks for this. I actually found it myself a while ago...decided to go exploring the entire Settings tree and finally stumbled across it. Working fine now. :icon_ banana:

OP
S

saitoh66

Reaction score
Apparently I'm going to have to revamp this post again. So I redownloaded 7.1 again and reinstalled it, and I still come up with the same problem, my phone will not sync to my gmail account and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.