Cyngn Begins Focusing On Self-Driving Car Tech

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1479xyzz-jpg.77971

Cyngn started off as a modification of a popular Rom on OG droid devices. It quickly became the top Rom of the Android community and eventually was the Rom that all other Roms were based on. Steve Kondik the rom founder eventually pivoted this rom into a multimillion dollar corporation. The software eventually found itself on OEM devices like the OnePlus One. The project ended up in shambles, but the community behind Rom development spun off into LineageOS.

It looks like Cyngn has backed down from smartphone software and is now focusing on autonomous self-driving car tech. The job listing page shows they are looking for employees with experience in the field. They have also received a permit for testing self driving cars. Who ever would have seen this outcome for Cyngn 5 years ago?

via XDA

Attachments

• 1479xyZZ.jpg
    1479xyZZ.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 4,832

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I never would have guess this, however in this tech world you have to adapt and go where the money is. It's certainly not in developing rom's these days.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
The corporation ended up exactly as i predicted, This wont even make it that far. And really would you want to be in a car run by cyanogen? A reboot might be a little bigger of a deal in a car. And say what you want about steve but it was him that made cyanogen the biggest, and it was his giving up control that caused the death of it. This is great news watch this post cause you will never see anything come of this. You have some big players out there with lots of money on something that wont be anything for 20+ years. I get worried when im in the back seat and dont know the driver knows how far he needs to break which is always shorter than you think riding. I have absolutely no desire to get in a vehicle not human controlled.