cycling/biking app.

zachjones

Reaction score
i did a quick search, went through a few pages, but i might have missed a previous thread, if i did, i apologize.

but anyways, i'm starting to get into biking, mostly just riding around town/trail riding.

i was wondering if there was an app that could track my distance and stuff like that. i'd prefer one that uses google maps, if one does.

Five-0

Reaction score
CardioTrainer

About - WorkSmart CardioTrainer

Use it on every walk or run I take. Uses google maps, and gives you feed back on speed, distance, pace every minute. I use it with Pandora radio or my own music playing on doubletwist with no problems. I only use the free version and it is very useful.

PhilD

Reaction score
i am afraid to take my Droid X with me on the bike, i'm afraid of smashing it in a crash...

i use a Planet Bike "computer" on my bike, similar to this one. works great for tracking speed and distance and stuff. has a thermometer too which i like.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I cycle alot when weather permits, if not I'm on my indoor trainer.
Give endomondo a shot. It's a great app.

lemodular

Reaction score
Is there an app that would also log your path/route using Google maps while offering speed, distance, altitude and time?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not giving you a good app to check out, but when I go motorcycle riding or if I go on a walk, I use My Tracks and it tells me all the pertinent information I want to know about my journey. Hope this is something you may have been looking for.

Atook

Reaction score
MyTracks, from the market. By Google. I love it.

It tracks time, elevation, speed, etc. Let's you make maps and documents in Google docs. Here's a map from last year I took mountain biking. I can even import into google earth and look at it in 3d, and play it over time. Pretty sweet. Click on the end placemarker to get a synopsis of the ride. It also creates a spreadsheet in google docs with all this data that's cumulative over time.

Tie City - Google Maps