CyanoLock & Other UI edits.

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by MAD Industries, Feb 4, 2011.

1. gambit07

gambit07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe if you change the system font color that will change

2. MAD Industries

MAD Industries Member

Ratings:
    +0

Not quite. When you slide the sound tab over, a status message appears stating the current state of volume. The text "Sound On" is orange. "Sound Off" is white. So it must be separate from the text you changed because of the orange coloring. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same xml though.

EDIT: scratch that. Your clock font is changed as well. Looks like you just changed system font color. That won't help me sorry. Thanks for trying.

Yeah I'll have an update for the shade in a bit. Yes, I am aware of the slider differences. I don't use the sliders so I was just waiting for someone to complain about it. Which one do you like better? As for the Sound text, when I figure out which xml file that is in, I will look into making those changes. I'll take care of the dialer once I have CyanoLock all squared away. ;)

3. gambit07

gambit07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds great, I would prefer them both to be portrait style. Looking forward to the shade update!

4. MAD Industries

MAD Industries Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Shades updated (see OP for changes) and new shade style added.

5. gambit07

gambit07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The new dark shade is great, just curious is dark edge shade the same but with cross hatch?

6. MAD Industries

MAD Industries Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope. It almost looks like black mesh or something. It's really slick and professional. Click the DarkEdge pic in my sig to get a feel for the theme it came from. (Takes you to the DE thread)

Testing updated CyanoLock right now. One more edit and we're golden.

7. Shadowclock

Shadowclock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This was a fun little "game" to play trying to click as fast as possible to get bast the FC and get to the reboot button LOL

Looks great though!

8. MAD Industries

MAD Industries Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right? So glad I'm not the only one who's been playing. That might be my favorite part of the whole process haha. Hope nobody tries it overclocked too high.

9. gambit07

gambit07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks really good! Quick favor to ask, I just deleted the stock browser and along with it the download manager and other download apk (cant remember what its called but its right next to it). Turns out one of those download apks is for my market apps because it fc's any time i try to go to my apps now :icon_eek:. Anyway someone could upload those 2? Or whichever it is if you know, it would be greatly appreciated :)

10. MAD Industries

MAD Industries Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just flash GAPPS. If for some reason you don't want to then yeah, I'll upload the files.

11. gambit07

gambit07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I'd rather not only because I hate going through and getting rid of the stuff I don't use, but also because I'm not sure that those apks are in gapps, I didn't see them in the package when I looked at it

12. dodgersrgood

dodgersrgood Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im new to theming just started doin some stuff... how do you change the color of the slider i guess you would say? i dont know hard to explain but i have the little circles themed but not the sliders.

pointed to it in pic

Attached Files:

13. MAD Industries

MAD Industries Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I only recommended gapps because it includes anything the market needs to run. But that's alright. I'll upload the apks tonight when I get a chance. I'm on my way out the door atm.

Yes, slider or tab is correct terminology. And they are each two parts: the tab beginning and the tab end. If you look at "/system/framework/framwork-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/" you will find files beginning with "jog_tab". After looking at them you will easily recognize what they are. The tricky part is that the tab end files are .9.png files which means they are specially formatted to be stretched by the system. You can not directly edit these. If you do not have experience with them, find a .9.png tutorial in the theme section. Hope that helps!

14. gambit07

gambit07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha thought I'd let you know I made an attempt at curing my laziness, but reflashing gapps did not install those apks and so unfortunately it wasn't fixed. I made a backup before I did it and it turned out the backup was corrupt so I ended up uninstalling all the extra stuff anyway, serves me right I suppose.

15. MAD Industries

MAD Industries Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In that case I would say reflash whichever built you are using on top of that. (you don't have to wipe data) But anyways, I PM'd the apks to you so hopefully that works. Let me know if you are missing any others.