Cyanogenmod7 Hulu Workaround?

PTREE818

Reaction score
:greendroid:Yes Hello , Ptree here just wondering if any1 has found a workaround for Hulu + App.:greendroid::reddroid: I'm sad because unlike Netflix this app came directly to D2, but will not work on , and only on CM7.:reddroid: Well any links or info appreciated.
thx
Ptree

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
:greendroid:Yes Hello , Ptree here just wondering if any1 has found a workaround for Hulu + App.:greendroid::reddroid: I'm sad because unlike Netflix this app came directly to D2, but will not work on , and only on CM7.:reddroid: Well any links or info appreciated.
thx
Ptree

Haven't tried it, but it might be blocked if you're not on a stock GB/Blur ROM...I know that's an issue on some Android tablets running non-stock ROMs. Again, I don't know, just guessing...

OP
PTREE818

PTREE818

Reaction score
Permission Granted!

:bday2:Yea I got it!

Sent from my Hulu +/ Netflix & Tethered/Cyanogized7/R2-D2!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I assume you mean tether, not Hulu+? Yeah, tether works fine on CM7, evidently...

OP
PTREE818

PTREE818

Reaction score
Yes hello I am talkin bout tether and hulu plus they are both working!

Yes hello, This Was Sent From My R2-D2 Cyanogized7 Phone!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes hello I am talkin bout tether and hulu plus they are both working!

What changed? Did you do something to make it work, or did it just start working?

Cstryon

Reaction score
How did you get Hulu to work? Can you actually watch anything on it?

OP
PTREE818

PTREE818

Reaction score
Yes hello . http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=640523&d=1309335600 that link is the flash player u need, just make sure u uninstall system flash in app management first.What u wanna do is start your browser. Select ur menu key and scroll down to more , then settings.u r looking for ;set user agent" select that option then pick Linux. Then just load web PG. Instead of app.u might have to allow apps.

tnygigles66

Reaction score
i'm on the latest nightly and just use the app from the market. It works fine for me.

fishaholic

Reaction score
Yes hello . http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=640523&d=1309335600 that link is the flash player u need, just make sure u uninstall system flash in app management first.What u wanna do is start your browser. Select ur menu key and scroll down to more , then settings.u r looking for ;set user agent" select that option then pick Linux. Then just load web PG. Instead of app.u might have to allow apps.

Dude you always confuse me with your wording lol... but I think I understand

Cstryon

Reaction score
Anyone esse get it to work based on PTREE's instructions? I don't quite understand them, so if anyone did could you post your steps?

cron666

Reaction score
i now hes changing the user agent to fool the website into thinking you are a desktop computer.

looks like hes installing the desktop version of flash for linux. dunno how that would work cause thats built for x86 architectures.

ptree confuses me too :blink:

Cstryon

Reaction score
Ok I figured it out. Its a modified version of flash for android that makes hulu.com not know you are on mobile.

1) Uninstall flash. Then install the modified flash he attached to his post.

2) change user agent to desktop. (in cyanogen stock browser it says linux desktop)

Now when you browse to hulu you can watch videos. Though it seems since the videos are not optimized for mobile, it's very choppy.

These steps have nothing to do with using the hulu plus app.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk