CyanogenMod ROM

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by natediddy1120, Mar 12, 2010.

1. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    No translation=I don't need to back myself up. EDIT BY ADMIN, and I'm tired of stooping to your level. I'm done with you.

2. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Whoa easy guys... let's try to turn the heat down a little :)

(Yeah, What he said/ADMIN)

3. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    Yea, what JonKyu said. Let's stop the name calling and get this back on track. Take it to PM if you have to, but get it resolved.

4. Topsy

Topsy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Vulcan, will get off the :soapbox: and crawl back under my rock before :icon_ banned:

5. JimMariner

JimMariner Silver Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 64G
    Ok Everyone !!!

We need to check this back a little here.

Stop the name calling and accusing.

There is no place on Droid Forums for this kind of Attitude.

If I keep seeing this, I will shut down this thread and delete it.

And Have to Start Issuing Infractions or Time Outs !!! As in Bans.

Let's keep this productive, PLEASE !!!!

6. mudpro69

mudpro69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Who would have thought that the droid forum would need a pit section....

7. agent42o

agent42o Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Serious business.

8. LrdElderon

LrdElderon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow some of you people have serious issues, you might want to seek counseling! =(

Ok, so I figure I'll post this question / request here being this seems to be, or at least was the cyanogenmod rom thread....

running 5.0.4.2 and aside from small battery reporting isues, it's the fastest / smoothest 2.1 I've ever used and the most stable I've used as well. Never had a FC or random reboot even with a 2.1 launcher and live wallpapers (which I usually don't run but I play with them time to time). Temp monitoring was even enabled into the 1ghz kernel and I hear some higher clocked kernels might possibly be coming sometime soon.

ok here is the question / request part: I've asked this in irc and koush says that the ese53 kernels would most likely work with his build, but they need to be package(?) differently to work with his bootloader / ramdisk (?) not quite sure exactly how his differs from other loaders, but was curious if anyone knows how to do this? and if this requires a complete recompile or is there a way to just repackage the kernel to work?

Bekits kernel seems to work fine, I have no real issues, but I just have some curiosity to try some of the other kernels, if possible. Especially chevys and maybe adamz med voltage ones.

As an aside, I don't see what all this bashing is even about? what problem do you people have against koush? that he has a real job and can't respond to everyones beck and call on every forum? go to the irc, or post your logs like he says and maybe you'll get help. I don't think is attitude or manner is bad at all. He has been a really nice guy in irc when I've asked questions. He is just really busy and he's a pretty work focused guy. The droid isn't even his phone of use I think the nexus is, so really, he is doing this just to do something.....

And for speed? I tried his jit verison (unsupported btw, and JIT doesn't like me it's always unstable) but I had the best benchmarks I've ever had from any rom and that's only at 1ghz. 150-170 short bench, 304 long bench and over 12.58 mflop in linpack. I shiver to think what a stable jit + 1.2 or 1.25 kernel could do..

anyways. about the kerenel. any ideas suggestiosn info? point me in a direction to read on how to compile for his rom? maybe XDA post?

9. TD7424

TD7424 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried out CyanogenMod last night and found it to be very nice, today I switched back using Dmupdater to a simply stunning rom that I had a nandroid back-up to. Today I wanted to go back so I reflashed ClockMode thru Rom Manager, rebooted into recovery and wiped data/factory reset and wiped cache two times then restored my backup and rebooted with the backup I made yesterday which was working great. When the phone reboots it ays no service and I get force close after force close. Not sure what to do?

10. bL33d

bL33d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this rom Is sweet indeed!!

11. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
  12. Topsy

Topsy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bekriebel's android_kernel_omap at bekit_android-omap-2.6.29-eclair - GitHub

there's the source for the kernel, u can add/remove from there or rebuild from aosp using his as a guide.

And for the record I have zero problems with Koush, cyanogen, or any other developer.

My issue is with the dev groupies this community seems to be evolving into, and all the smack talking about this one being better than that one.

Run what you like, donate to who you like, but all the rest is just childish and I'm tired of it. But odds are they won't stop so i'll quit now and crawl back under my rock again.

One thing I will say for Koush, cyanogenmod, and bekriebel...they all publish their source, which is something I'd like to see more of from developers.

Search tags for this page

using clockmode recovery