Cyanogenmod or BB?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by gamemaster333, Apr 29, 2010.

1. gamemaster333

gamemaster333 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey forum, I was wondering if anyone who had Cyanogen ROM has also tried the leaked BB v1.0 ROM . If so, were there any significant speed improvements over Cyanogen? I have always enjoyed Pete's Roms (BB was the first one I ever flashed on my Droid) but I am hesitant to try other ROMs other than Cyanogen because of all the cool features that are built in. The music player track controls for the volume buttons is a MAJOR one that i use everyday and wired tethering may come in handy as well (360 rotation is kind of a novelty). Do you guys think it's worth switching over to BB from Cyanogen, sacrificing features for speed (if there are any significant improvements)?

P.S. I do not know the full list of options that are included in BB v1.0 so help me out if you can. Thanks! =)

2. 3083joe

3083joe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Cyanogenmod may be quicker !

3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Try them both out, only you can truly decide what is better for you. ROMs differ from each phone and setup. While the above poster may find Cyanogen works better for his needs, the post below me may praise BB. Then the following post tell you to try Team Chaos' ROM. There is no unanimous champion here. It is subjective.

Be sure to give the ROM a good chance though, by following the instructions the dev has given to install it. Usually they require a data/cache wipe. If you browse through their forums you can often find the problems people have been having and if there are indeed solutions to those problems, or if it was just the installer's fault.

4. kiyanofosho

kiyanofosho Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pete's leak was significantly faster and more responsive. So your answer! Petes is faster

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. brock

brock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    cyanogen hands down.

6. krazyskott

krazyskott Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Let me just say I was in the same boat. BB was my first also then I tried just about every ROM out there. My last ROM was CM 5.0.6.2 and it had lots of features I liked. Then about 4 or 5 days later I had a noticeable decrease in speed and responosaveness. Then I had a force close that made me reboot. It seams like every Rom after about 4 or 5 days have began to slow down.
    Finally I decided to try this leaked version. After about 9 days this thing hasn't slowed once. I haven't had any force closes(and I'm running live wallpapers and helix2).
    My choice hands down is BuglessBeast. Sure u wont have the features like really any other Rom but you will have the fastest smoothest and most stable rom available. Oh and Pete just got smoked glass working with of so there is some custom features. Oh yah one more thing is there is no need to overclock since it comes with 1gh speed already
    According to Pete there is no release date but it should be soon. He just got done with finals and had surgery I think on his tonsils. He has been very active over on at alldroid.org the past few days.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  7. kevdog

kevdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh no, here we go again...

8. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    I installed the leaked v1 and my first rom was bb v9. I the past 2 weeks i have tried just about every other rom there is and now since going back to bb it truly does run fast and stable and runs cool all the time.but the smoked glassfor the v1 he released makes people lose root access and some su permissions so he said not to use it it will only work on the offival but you can use the smoked glass from v9 it works fine. aslo the kernel that came with the leak was giving some people issues like lagging and not booting so I switched to a p3 kernel because I was one of the people having issues with the stock kernel and boy this is def great. Except I did install the htc keyboard,black mms.apk and helix so it is a little customized but runs great!

9. bL33d

bL33d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cyanogen themed with nextheme is awesome looking and super fast.