Cyanogenmod Nightlies

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by UNC, Oct 21, 2010.

1. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    For those who want to keep up with the nightlies....

Builds 147-149 have the bound widget selection, and notification bar power settings! They all have issues with streaming music apps (Last.fm/Pandora), and they all hang when installing certain kernels.

Stay with the stock kernel and install clean, and they will all be pretty stable for you. (I have actually had luck installing over the top of CM6, but I won't recommend that route)

152 gave me random reboots, and I consider that far less stable than the others, also it didn't add anything to the other builds, probably just cleaning up/optimizing for the upcoming 6.1 release.

I'll try to flash every nightly when it is released, and report back on this thread.

2. kook

kook Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love downloading the nightlies. It's like Christmas every couple days. And...uhh....I also flash my personal theme for them.

edit: But I'm not addicted.

3. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any news on the volume-key-causing-reboot problem? Or is that the hanging-on-certain-kernels issue?

Nevermind, I just read the other thread, that's the same one. I think I'm going to have to wait - the stock kernel doesn't have ext3 support AFAIK, and I'm using apps2sdext and don't want to go back :)

Can somebody that's already running one of the latest post a ss of the notification power-control? I'm curious how it looks/works

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  4. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm running 153 right now, and I took some screenshots with some of the new goodies. I'll up those pics in a little while. It runs great after a fresh install and after you fix permissions, I haven't noticed any reboots from using the volume keys, but I have had some when running non-stock kernels (still).

I think this one is stable enough for me to recommend the install. Its a little slow sometimes, if you can put up with that its really good.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  5. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    [​IMG]
    Power control
    [​IMG]
    Grouped widgets
    [​IMG]
    Widget re-sizing

6. BoddhiC

BoddhiC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FYI -the reboot upon using the volume controls appear to be fixed in build 153.

7. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Using 153 with a custom kernel and no reboots yet. And cam zoom will fc. Anyone test out 154 yet?

8. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Installing it over 153 as we speak.
    What kernel are you using?

9. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im going to do fresh install of 154 as that is what I always do. Its a custom 1.2ghz kernel a friend gave to me. Works perfect for CM based ROMs. If I could share, I would but I promised I wouldnt, sorry.

10. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That's ok, I don't OC that high anyway. I installed 154 over 153 and there is a marked improvement speed-wise.

Now, there is one issue I've been having with these nightlies.. If I use my stereo bluetooth headphones for media and phone, I hear no sound during phone calls. Yet, if I disable the media thru bluetooth the phone calls work perfect. If I have both on or just the media on, the media plays perfect....

It's not my headphones as they work with any other rom. This is my only issue though.

I should probably wipe since all the CM's restore the apps properly.

11. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Very nice! I ended up already installing it. The PowerControl notification bar looks WAY better with a white status bar and WAY ugly with a black status bar, unfortunately. Hopefully that gets addressed in a later release.

Here's how it looks with a white status bar:

[​IMG]

12. BoddhiC

BoddhiC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Under Settings/ CyanogenMod Settings/ User Interface in the notification power widget settings is a choice to set the indicator color, this works for the colored bars in the notification drawer power controls. Mine are a nice android green instead of cyan and it looks great with the black bar :)

13. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can only change the selected color, not the color of the widget icons. The problem is that the icons are anti-aliased assuming a white or near-white background. What you see when you put those images on a black background is a blurry white/grey shape when the icon is deselected:
    [​IMG]

14. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, Im stupid. I cant find this feature. Im on 154. Am I missing it. Settings, CM settings, User interface, and this is where I cannot find where you are talking about.

EDIT: NVM, I am an idiot, found it.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  15. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I found it. But I dont have a blurry icon issue. I did use a custom task bar of my own, so that might be why. Now I changed it to black and its sick!

Search tags for this page

cyanogen mod 11 icon packs