CyanogenMod for Droid 5.0.5.7

kauaigs

Reaction score
This is my first time trying this rom, and so far I am loving it. Have yet to experience such a smooth build. One problem albeit a small one for me is my gmail is not syncing automatically. I have to manually hit sync, I believe I have everything set up right since I have never experienced this before. Any ideas? I know there are a lot of options built into this rom so I very well could be missing something. Also can anyone suggest a nice clean smoked glass theme. I noticed in rm there is one for .5, can that be used on. 7? Thanks for any help.

You may need to clear your Gmail cache and re-sync. I believe I heard in irc that the smoked glass-esque theme in RM works for .7 ymmv

jper1

Reaction score
I just switched from chevy's 3.0 to CM 5.0.5.7. I wiped apps and data and my market apps just downloaded themselves when i first booted up. Is this a new feature?

kauaigs

Reaction score
Yes, it is. Koush got the Google Back-Transport to work in the current release

CrappyAlloy

Reaction score
I see "Built in USB Tether" but do not see the app, so does that mean the rom just supports it and I have to install the app myself? (I know bekits kernals support usb and wifi) Or is there something on the phone that already allows me to do it?

irishdroid

Reaction score
I just flashed CM and have couple of questions. First wireless tethering, is that available? Also, I used the free rom manager to get CM, I was so impressed that I wanted to get the themes and add on roms but couldn't until I bought The premium version which I did. Now when I Try download roms it says I have to upgrade to the latest version. I find no update in the market, what to do? Thanks!

kauaigs

Reaction score
I see "Built in USB Tether" but do not see the app, so does that mean the rom just supports it and I have to install the app myself? (I know bekits kernals support usb and wifi) Or is there something on the phone that already allows me to do it?

Go into Settings>Wireless & Networks> and click on Internet Tethering.

The Wifi tether app can be found here: Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

Use Root Explorer to put the apk in /system/app, then long-press to install

kauaigs

Reaction score
I just flashed CM and have couple of questions. First wireless tethering, is that available? Also, I used the free rom manager to get CM, I was so impressed that I wanted to get the themes and add on roms but couldn't until I bought The premium version which I did. Now when I Try download roms it says I have to upgrade to the latest version. I find no update in the market, what to do? Thanks!

Wireless Tether is here: Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

See the post above for usb tether info

If you have any issues with Rom Manager, uninstall it...then reinstall it. It should be fine

irishdroid

Reaction score

Wireless Tether is here: Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

If you have any issues with Rom Manager, uninstall it...then reinstall it. It should be fine

You da man, worked like a champion! Thanks.

kauaigs

Reaction score

You da man, worked like a champion! Thanks.

Excellent! Glad to hear it....Enjoy CM!!

irishdroid

Reaction score
Okay, got the wireless tether to work. Still getting the upgrade message for downloading roms? ??? What gives?

kauaigs

Reaction score
Okay, got the wireless tether to work. Still getting the upgrade message for downloading roms? ??? What gives?

Upgrade for ROM's? What version are you using? CM 5.0.5.7 is the most current stable version.

irishdroid

Reaction score

Upgrade for ROM's? What version are you using? CM 5.0.5.7 is the most current stable version.

No, I'm running 5.0.5.7. When I go into rom manager and then try to go into download roms it tells me I must upgrade to the latest version of rom manager. I just want the themes and add ons

kauaigs

Reaction score

No, I'm running 5.0.5.7. When I go into rom manager and then try to go into download roms it tells me I must upgrade to the latest version of rom manager. I just want the themes and add ons

Did you uninstall and then reinstall Rom Manager? Do you have the premium version?

pappy53

Reaction score
I installed CM .7, and everything has been good. But, I have just noticed that I cannot enable wi-fi. I can't say that wi-fi worked with it any time, but I think that it worked to start when I first installed .7. Just to check, I went back and installed CM .4, and the wi-fi started working again. Any suggestions?

The message that I get is "unable to start wi-fi".

kauaigs

Reaction score
I installed CM .7, and everything has been good. But, I have just noticed that I cannot enable wi-fi. I can't say that wi-fi worked with it any time, but I think that it worked to start when I first installed .7. Just to check, I went back and installed CM .4, and the wi-fi started working again. Any suggestions?

The message that I get is "unable to start wi-fi".

Did you wipe between .4 and .7? There could be some leftovers in .4 that can interfere with .7, although I don't know that is your issue