1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

cyanogenmod boot animation

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Niko, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Niko

Niko New Member

Hey I don't like the new cyanogenmod boot animation. Doea anyone know how or where I can download the old one to install on my droid?
    I ONLY want the boot animation. I want to install it over my current rom

Thanks!
  2. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Just download one of the older CM ROMS and open up the install zip and pull out the bootanimation.zip file.
  3. Niko

Niko New Member

I figured that but how do I install it?? Because I finally found the file...
  4. captdroid

captdroid New Member

copy the file into /data/local using root explorer, adb, or terminal commands on the phone. Root explorer is easy to use copy/past. Or you can copy the file into /system/media and overwrite the bootanimation.zip that is there now. Either way will work.
  5. Niko

Niko New Member

Huge help! Worked to perfection thanks
  6. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Keep in mind that when putting the bootanimation.zip in /data/local it uses user 'application' memory. When putting the bootanimation.zip in /system/media it uses 'system' memory. So you may want to overwrite the one in /system/media instead leaving more memory for your applications.

SystemPanel from the market is a good tool for seeing memory partition usage.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
Search tags for this page
cyanogenmod boot animations

maid boot animation