[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (D2G) (8/19)

srw0015

Reaction score
Having a bit of an issue flashing the newest build. Im coming from the 3-20 build, which ran stable for me. Whenever i flash the 3-27 build it boots, but roughly 30 seconds after boot it reboots and makes it near impossible to drag it back into recovery to flash back to 3-20. Thanks for the help in advance, and I appreciate the work being done here.

robot_gaban

Reaction score
Having a bit of an issue flashing the newest build. Im coming from the 3-20 build, which ran stable for me. Whenever i flash the 3-27 build it boots, but roughly 30 seconds after boot it reboots and makes it near impossible to drag it back into recovery to flash back to 3-20. Thanks for the help in advance, and I appreciate the work being done here.

to get into recovery, try this,

power off you phone.
connect usb cable to pc.
power on phone.
wait for a momment.
and put this command at windows cmd :

adb shell "echo 1 > /data/.recovery_mode; sync;"
adb reboot

ps: you should have adb in your pc.

pacemkr

Reaction score
GSM 3G (WCDMA) doesn't work for me, 3G icon lights up and then goes off immediately. When I try to use the browser I get an error saying that "Proxy server authentication failed." I'm assuming this is referring to APN settings. I have a baseband unlock and ATT StraightTalk sim in there.

Let me know if I can help out with logs or whatnot. Amazing work on this!

robot_gaban

Reaction score
GSM 3G (WCDMA) doesn't work for me, 3G icon lights up and then goes off immediately. When I try to use the browser I get an error saying that "Proxy server authentication failed." I'm assuming this is referring to APN settings. I have a baseband unlock and ATT StraightTalk sim in there.

Let me know if I can help out with logs or whatnot. Amazing work on this!

im at 01032012r3 build and 3g gsm data works for me. if you on diff build try this one.

Sent from my Droid2Global using DroidForums

srw0015

Reaction score
Quick question, trying to OC and UV my phone. Was trying to use quickclock advanced oc, but it isnt compatible with my phone. It isnt the model as i have another D2G on my account that it can be downloaded to. So im assuming its dealing with ics, because both CM9 and gummy 0.9.5 show incompatibility. Thanks for the help in advance, and keep up the great work.

pacemkr

Reaction score
im at 01032012r3 build and 3g gsm data works for me. if you on diff build try this one.

Sent from my Droid2Global using DroidForums

I've tried all the newer builds up to 3/27, and the one you mention, 01032012r3, is the last that had working 3G gsm data. =(

WiFi doesn't seem to work very well on this build. The network is connected, but data connectivity is hit and miss. The wifi icon also stays gray and the signal level bars turn gray as soon as you connect to a wifi network.

Last edited:

robot_gaban

Reaction score
I've tried all the newer builds up to 3/27, and the one you mention, 01032012r3, is the last that had working 3G gsm data. =(

WiFi doesn't seem to work very well on this build. The network is connected, but data connectivity is hit and miss. The wifi icon also stays gray and the signal level bars turn gray as soon as you connect to a wifi network.

Strange, but wifi is working for me on this build.
I stay on this.

srw0015

Reaction score
Has anyone else had an issue with the phone rebooting 30-60 seconds after boot. It cycles like that for me and makes it impossible to use. Wanted to go back to cm9 for a while coming from Gummy. Gummy drains a lot more battery than cm9, and aside from the customizable lockscreen (an awesome feature i might add) and working camera i don't see too many differences. Thanks for any help and to those deving keep up the great work.

pacemkr

Reaction score
Strange, but wifi is working for me on this build.
I stay on this.

Thank you. I reinstalled that build again (third time) and its working. I was installing zip and then wiping data. This time I wiped data then installed zip. This is the only thing that I did different as far as I can tell.

vdude45

Reaction score
Been using this rom for about a month, and its been one of the best roms my D2G has ever had.
Installing the 3/27 build broke MMS for me though, is anyone having this issue?

pclever1

Reaction score
2.3.4?

Hello, i have a motorola droid 2 global and with the new update of 2.3.4 i cant find a root for my phone. Without the root i cant install a bootloader to instal this rom, does anyone know how to help me?

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I need to learn to read closer..... the latest update isn't rootable by any known methods.

Sent from my D2G

JackDeMeyers

Reaction score
Rom is working well, although the hard keyboard does not light up for me.

I am using the new 04032012 update, and during setup (when I was setting up my Google account, etc...) they hard keyboard lights were working fine. Now, though, they are not working and my hard keyboard lights never turn on.

Is there a fix for this somewhere within the settings that I am missing, or is this something buggy within the ROM.

JackDeMeyers

Reaction score
Hello, i have a motorola droid 2 global and with the new update of 2.3.4 i cant find a root for my phone. Without the root i cant install a bootloader to instal this rom, does anyone know how to help me?

Motorola One Click Root worked for me today. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled and this should work. MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4.zip
(just run MotorolaOneClickRoot.exe)