CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2 Global [Beta]

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Anyone had issues with cpu spy not working? I'm on the latest build at the moment but for the last few builds my cpu spy app stops working for some reason. I'll install it and it will be fine. Check it later and it opens and shows cpu usage. Then I'll open it later and it will just sit at a blank screen until it FCs.

It did it last night and tried it again this morning to the same result. I can uninstall it and re-install and it's fine again.. for now.

Its never worked on my d2g :( It pops up with SU then freezes. Tried everything i can think of and it still wont work..... Works perfectly on my d1 and dpro though o_O

Huh, weird. It worked without fail on my d2g on some of the earlier builds of cm7. It's hit and miss now. I re-installed it earlier and just checked it and it's still working as of right now.

Chaos2092

Reaction score
I've been sticking with the 8-2 nightly build because the last two haven't seemed too stable compared to this one for me. Only on my initial flash of this before I rebooted in order to get a few settings/supercharger script to work did I ever have wi-fi working. So then I had to reflash everything to get data working, on the reboot the second time my data continued to work and I haven't gotten wi-fi working since.

I'm okay with it, just figured I'd state my own story... I'm sure in a more stable release in the future it won't be an issue anymore, and I can live without it for now.

riguy156

Reaction score
my wifi just started not working today but i rarely use it so thats ok

Dfit18

Reaction score
Best Build so far

is there a good nightly build that you guys have tried out and like the best? i am currently still on the 8-2 build and like it but still have some issues. my battery life it terrible compared to previous builds and my alt key on the physical key doesn't work. i am wondering if there is a certain build that you guys have tried that maybe addressed some of these issues. short and sweet, just want some feedback on what builds you found the best so far.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Which alt key? Alt lock? That's been defunct, it's broken even on the normal D2. If it's the normal alt key, make sure it's not a hardware problem (i.e. broken while running blur). Make a backup and then do a clean install, see if it works after that. I'm on the 8-2 here as well, if you're curious. Stable and good battery life.

Chaos2092

Reaction score
Wi-fi still broken on 8-12... hmm. I do know that trying to use ZeppelinRox' 3G Speed Supercharger makes it so my data settings WILL NOT stick though, so no more trying to use that one...

Dfit18

Reaction score
Which alt key? Alt lock? That's been defunct, it's broken even on the normal D2. If it's the normal alt key, make sure it's not a hardware problem (i.e. broken while running blur). Make a backup and then do a clean install, see if it works after that. I'm on the 8-2 here as well, if you're curious. Stable and good battery life.

its my actual alt key on the psychical keyboard. i know the alt lock doesn't work by entire key doesn't work whenever i press it, i get nothing :/ ........i may re install and see if that fixes anything.

avenged06x

Reaction score
So are the dev's trying to address the battery prroblem. I'm about to flash back to Froyo cuz this battery drain is driving me nuts.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
EDIT: Solved my previous problem: A jammed SIM card can cause Boot issues.

Just in case it wasn't the SIM (although I am pretty sure) should I remove the Bootstrapper when I install CM7? I worry if I do a battery pull again, the phone will want to go to Bootstrap rather than regular recovery.

Last edited:

Chaos2092

Reaction score
EDIT: Solved my previous problem: A jammed SIM card can cause Boot issues.

Just in case it wasn't the SIM (although I am pretty sure) should I remove the Bootstrapper when I install CM7? I worry if I do a battery pull again, the phone will want to go to Bootstrap rather than regular recovery.
just don't bootstrap it after you install CM7 and you should be fine. CM7 has its own CWM when you install it.

slimpirudude

Reaction score
How's battery life on this now. I was here from start then had to sbf so now curious.

Chaos2092

Reaction score
Aw ****. I tried reflashing the 8/2 build and now my status bar is broken completely, and when I try and bring up the reboot menu the phone just does an automatic quick reboot and it fixes absolutely nothing. Only if I pull the battery and then try to bring up that menu can I get to recovery... my battery life with 8/12 sucked compared to 8/2. Reflashing 8/2 a second time did absolutely nothing.

Going to see if flashing 8/12 again fixes it, and I might just have to deal with it from there until another build is made. If not... might I have to SBF? I've been clearing cache and dalvik cache every time I reflash a nightly...

EDIT: Didn't see an 8/13 build was posted. Might have to try that regardless of how this reflashing of 8/12 works out.

Last edited:

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
How's battery life on this now. I was here from start then had to sbf so now curious.

For me battery life is a lot better, I can go through a whole day without charging, saved me $50+ since I don't need to buy the extended battery from verizon.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Cm7

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Wonder if a gb kernel would make a difference then. I believe D2/DX are getting their respective gingerbread kernels, which may possibly help battery life.

Chaos2092

Reaction score
Things were fixed with the 8/12 build, but I'm running on 8/13 now... hopefully after recalibrating my battery once I hit a full charge then I'll be able to see if this is any better. Shame that it doesn't seem I'd be able to get back to 8/2 without SBFing, or maybe 8/12 and 8/2 just didn't agree for whatever reason... Odd. I'll play with 8/13 and see if I have any issues. Wi-fi is still broken for me.