CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2 Global [Beta]

Dolfns99

Reaction score
13th Angel, I was looking at my network modes. Phone is currently on global. But there are a few more options ther. GSM, Cdma with and without EvDo. Could you explain this to me so I can understan which would be better for me.
My girl is running hers on cmda.. stock. Thank you. And to all the dev's contributing to cm7 Thank You!
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

avenged06x

Reaction score
On the latest nightly. Can't send MMS.

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Dolf the network options wont work until tonights nightly. The gsm fix is in that one. If she is on verizon she should be using cdma (prl) If gsm then she should be using Wcdma pref. If she wants max battery and doesnt care if shes on edge then gsm. But that is only if she isn't on verizon and has it unlocked on gsm.

Dolfns99

Reaction score
Ok you confused me. Max battery in gsm if she us on edge. What does that mean, being on edge. Whay shud I run on my cm7 rommed D2g. What are the differences. Can u explain in lamens terms. Thanks

steelersfan

Reaction score
I just got a d2g as a replacement for my d2. Do I need to sf to go back to completely stock or am I fine to go to cm7 from 2.4.330. Thanks

HIcycles

Reaction score
Hey there. First, I'd like to say THANK YOU for porting Cyanogenmod to the d2g. I've been running Fission for the last 6 months, and I've been itching for a refresh. Love it.

Anyhoo, I noticed that Screebl doesn't work with this release. For whatever reason, it appears that Screebl can't detect what the accelerometer is doing.

*btw - Screebl keeps the phone's screen from shutting off depending on the phone's angle. pretty cool software.

Have you tried the latest nightly?

No, I haven't. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

steelersfan

Reaction score
I just got a d2g as a replacement for my d2. Do I need to sf to go back to completely stock or am I fine to go to cm7 from 2.4.330. Thanks

I got an answer. Thanks tho

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Can someone please help me, I need a link to where can find the night lies for the cm4d2g please. Thanks

steelersfan

Reaction score
If you click the link in the op there is a link to the nighties on page 178 I believe

rusty815

Reaction score
the newest build has gsm working, you have to go into settings and change it to gsm, the the program fc's and you reboot, thats about as close as we can get to full gsm support.

avenged06x

Reaction score
Why is GSM even used still? Thought everything was CDMA now.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Europe, canada, lots of places still use it. Even tmo and at&t use it I believe. With a few radio unlocks aswell, our D2G's work on tmo/at&t. China and Japan use gsm, though I think Yuno said there's only one gsm carrier there. Cdma also exists in those areas aswell but it'd be rather inconvienient to have to flash to a different radio freq every time to use a different carrier. Iirc, it's also said Japan's cdma is incompatible with D2G.

Asphyx

Reaction score
Why is GSM even used still? Thought everything was CDMA now.

CDMA is really just an american thing and AT&T and T-Mobile are also both GSM.

In the latest build (7-15) the known bugs are:

GSM Switching FCs but GSM works after the reboot.

BT can listen to Phone calls but mic is not working. (However mic works for voice commands so it's not the BT itself and more likely a Mux or Service issues)

Battery is better than stock but not as good as Hexen or Fission

Some issue with 802.11A but B,G and N work with WPA or without.

Have some random reports of settings not sticking. The soultion appears top be wipe cache and fix permissions.

Random reports of themes not working but they work on mine. YMMV!

Make sure you download from the Unofficial nightlies page before you report issues.
CM4D2G unnoficial nightly links

If you are experiencing one of the problems listed above be aware that those are known and it is being looked at.

rusty815

Reaction score
im getting battery life thats close to what i got with fenom, i just recently got 2 days of battery life off of the nightlies. i was also experiencing the wifi issues but setting a static IP address fixed it. bluetooth streaming (phone to computer), and bluetooth file transfers work, its just audio during a phone call that doesnt seem to work.