CyanogenMod 7.1 Stable Now Supports 68 New Devices and Android 2.3.7; CM9 Coming Next

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;2yUrlhoFUVw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2yUrlhoFUVw[/video]​

The latest stable build of CyanogenMod 7.1 is out, and it has support for Android 2.3.7 as well as 68 devices now. Above is a video of the CM sessions at the Android BBQ. Here is a list of the newest supported devices:
  • HTC Desire S, Incredible S, Incredible 2
  • LG Optimus 2X and T-Mobile G2x
  • Motorola Backflip (Motus), Cliq / Cliq XT, Defy, Droid 2, Droid X
  • Samsung Captivate, Fascinate, Mesmerize, Showcase, Vibrant, Galaxy S, Galaxy S2 (multiple carriers)
  • Sony Ericsson Xperia X8, Xperia Mini, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia Neo, Xperia Play, Xperia Ray, Xperia Arc
  • ZTE V9
Here is a list of some of the newest features:
  • Bluetooth mouse support
  • revoking app permissions
  • camera touch-to-focus
  • native screenshots in the power menu
  • upgraded kernel and Android v2.3.7
Here is the full Changelog. And, here is a download link, CyanogenMod 7.1.

Another bit of interesting news to come out of this is that the Honeycomb version of CyanogenMod 8 will likely be bypassed altogether in favor of the Ice Cream Sandwich version which is CM9. This means we will likely never even see CM8 released at all.

Source: AndroidPolice

Last edited:

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
droid 2 where??

i'm not the most experienced user on CM, but I have D2 and I'm still seeing the "nightlies" but no stable 7.1. where is it?

riko540

Reaction score
you may have to go over to XDA-Developers to find the download links for the Droid X and other devices that have been introduced in this release.

androidgeek

Reaction score
I haven't used CM in a while (since my D1) anyone know if you can update to the 7.1 through the ROM itself? Like is there an updater built in? I'm waiting for the DX to post too but once it does it's gonna get pounded with traffic.

CKD2

Reaction score
This is great. CM9 is gonna be insane!!!!! This rom runs so smooth and so fast on my Tbolt. Best ever.

broosewee

Reaction score
I want this on the Bionic. Miss all the different roms on my d1.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dkev

Reaction score
Tried 7.1 for a minute. Had to go back to 7.0. For what ever reason, Juice Defender wasn't fully functional on my Dinc with it. And my screen would come on for no apparent reason. So I stick with that and see what 9 brings.