Cyanogenmod 7.1 for Droid x?

heyandy889

Reaction score
Right on, great thread. Best thread I could find on "droid x 7.1.0" Particular thanks to esmier, creaky, and clueless77. Reading your conversations really helped me understand the status of the cm4dx world.
Thought I would chime in with my experience. I'm just gonna do nightly #118, since that is the first nightly to contain CM 7.1. Seems more significant to stick with the first cm4dx 7.1 release than the second. Also, just for the good of the people:

CyanogenMod-7.1 Released! (official announcement on CM blog) CyanogenMod-7.1 Released! | CyanogenMod

Final thought, info about cm4dx will probably change. So, double check the dates on articles to achieve maximum freshness.

OP
E

esmier

Reaction score
the reason i do not use the GB version of cyanogenmod is because i use DSP manager a lot, and it force closes in all the builds for the gingerbread kernal

creaky

Reaction score
Right on, great thread. Best thread I could find on "droid x 7.1.0" Particular thanks to esmier, creaky, and clueless77. Reading your conversations really helped me understand the status of the cm4dx world.
Thought I would chime in with my experience. I'm just gonna do nightly #118, since that is the first nightly to contain CM 7.1. Seems more significant to stick with the first cm4dx 7.1 release than the second. Also, just for the good of the people:

CyanogenMod-7.1 Released! (official announcement on CM blog) CyanogenMod-7.1 Released! | CyanogenMod

Final thought, info about cm4dx will probably change. So, double check the dates on articles to achieve maximum freshness.

Glad I could add something that help! I hope CM7.1 is a great rom for you and post up if you have problems - folks around here have been a great help.

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

wsizoo

Reaction score
How exactly should I install the nightlies through clockwork? I tried once and it screwed up my rom and I had to flash back to 2.3.4... Any help would be appreciated.

OP
E

esmier

Reaction score
you need to sbf back to .240 for it to work.

also, is anyone else getting force closes when they try to add a new contact?

creaky

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a slight discrepancy in file size between what's listed on the CM mirror site and what gets downloaded? Nightly 120 is listed as 102.9 mb bit the file I've downlaoded 3 times is 102.1 mb.

When I went to flash it all went fine on reboot but I forgot to flash the camera, etc fix. When i booted into recovery the phone bricked and I had to do a battery pull. When power came back I restored a backup and all was fine but I'm a little hesitant to try flashing the zip again. Anyone else have anything like this?

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

catfisher

Reaction score
My X totally locked up installing 118. I had to SBF and reflash. Not sure what that was about but there was no restoring it this time. I went back to 115 and all is well with the exception if the camera. The phone froze up after loading a camera fix so now I am hesitant to try again for the time being.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

suki7474

Reaction score
I had crazy battery life initially but I noticed that my battery life gets lower and lower after everycharge. I installed zdbox and time remaining used to say 44hrs after. Full charge. Now its no more than 18hours initially. Any thought how to fix? Thanks

nickademus420

Reaction score
where can i download?

I have tried every link I can find, but I cannot find a cyanogenmod gingerbread rom for my droid x, anywhere. There site has no links on the stable, nightly, or experimental pages. Please help!!!!

nickademus420

Reaction score
I finally found some links that worked. Thanks to everyone that posted. But now I keep getting this error 7 when trying to install them through Clockworkmod Recovery. I have tried Cyanogenmod (4 different builds), and Steel Rom. I guess I will flash back to .sbf .340, as I am at .605 right now. That seems to be what everyone says could be the issue.

As it stands I have a Droid X, System Version: 4.5.605.MB810.Verizon.en.US, Android Version 2.3.3, Baseband Version: BP_C_01.09.13P, Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9, Build Number: 4.5.1_57_DX5-35.
It is running fine right now. I am going to do a full backup, and then try downgrading my sbf to .340.
Any help is much appreciated.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
several things could be causing install failure

kernel check in rom, does not match
you used voodoo ota rootkeeper and didn't remove su backup

cwm has not been updated to 5.0, or update was corrupt, if so try
1. download Modified Droid 2/X Bootstrapper for 2.3.4 (cwm 5.0)
2. remove original D2 or DX bootstrap app in settings/apps
3. using a file manager/root browser with root access go to
/preinstall/ select recovery folder, delete
4. install modified D2 bootstrap

edit: you should delete the recovery folder, in /preinstall/

Last edited: