CyanogenMod 7.0.3 For Droid1

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by bigmarv11, May 11, 2011.

1. bigmarv11

bigmarv11 New Member

Just tried to flash this rom and got stuck on the boot loop. I'm going to try 7.0.2 just to see if this work. I'm new to rooting, etc. But I feel like I'm pretty good at figuring stuff out. Any suggestions on how to get 7.0.3 working or better yet, which rom (not just CyanogenMod) would you recommend? Thanks guys
  2. zachdroid

zachdroid New Member

What did you wipe prior to flashing?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. bigmarv11

bigmarv11 New Member

I whipped just the Dalvik Cache. I'm back on my stock phone for now, just doing more research before I try something else.
  4. zachdroid

zachdroid New Member

A kernel developer (Prime) once told me that you will get bootloops due to Incomplete kernel image being flashed. Dalvik is good to wipe. But you should as well wipe system, boot, and cache. Your data will remain intact and when flashing the new system image everything should boot up properly. Once I started following that wipe method all has been good since. No more bootloops just smooth sailing. Good luck.

5. bigmarv11

bigmarv11 New Member

Ok, got it to work, pretty surprised by the speed already, just going through reinstalling apps, can't wait to see this baby fly!
  6. zachdroid

zachdroid New Member

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

7. bigmarv11

bigmarv11 New Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I am noticing some problems with apps closing w/o warning, I took a guess that it might be due to the overclock, so I turned it down from 800mHz to 600mHz, I haven't really tried much since then because of this paper I'm supposed to be writting. I also noticed the auto dim doesn't work all that well, it gets the correct dim only about 80% of the time. And what's with the no FB widget lol?

8. nhspike

nhspike New Member

I never wipe anything, and (other than people not talking to me, or wanting to hang out anymore) everything works great.

:D

(just kiddin'... I wipe all that **** THREE times, just to be sure)

You call it voodoo, I call it removing dingleberries.

Oh, W7 rules.

:D
  9. bigmarv11

bigmarv11 New Member

So I've been running this mod with a deprimed kernel for a while now, got my droid running at 900mHz, seems good and all except, I keep crashing out of the blue. No stutter, no warning, no problem, just a quick freeze then boom reboot. I also have a problem with the Gallery, it freezes when I try to view any album, wussup wit that? Any suggestions? Turn down the cpu, try a different kernel, any patches? So far the only positive I've seen is the fact that I can watch HQ vids on youtube and Vevo with no problem any more lol. Caught up on Bleach in english dubs, guess I have to go back to subs since nothing above Bleach 205 seems to be dubbed anymore.

10. bigmarv11

bigmarv11 New Member

I'm still having trouble with my Gallery, it loads then stutters and resets, if anything else is running in the background, it shuts that app down and still stutters, then in some cases reboots my phone. Anyone having the same issues?
  11. Lars1

Lars1 New Member

Hey all,

Can I flash this using RZ recovery?

Thank you
  12. prelude884

prelude884 New Member

I am having issues loading the themes on CM7. In the desc on the market it says I need the tmobile theme system built in, is this done automatically?
  13. Thatman_Blaze

Thatman_Blaze New Member

You should be able to swap the themes by finding your theme chooser in your app drawer called "THEME CHOOSER"

Does anyone else have an issue with their soft buttons not responding? it feels as if my home and back button do not respond as they did prior to rooting and installing this rom.
  14. msheldon

msheldon New Member

Yes. I've found myself needing to press back, menu and home two, three or more times to get them to work. I get the haptic feedback, so I know it registered.

I'm also running into the problem that if I have my bluetooth headphones on, there is no notification sound. It vibrates, but no sound from the speaker or the headphones. I used Sapphire previously, and with that, the notification would play through the phone speaker, with a pause in sound on the headphones (though out of sync...)
  15. starnesc

starnesc New Member

I installed this 7.0.3 mod and everything works great except for my wifi tether. It will connect but never get to the internet. I then tried the Barnacle WiFi Tether and I cannot even get it to see the WiFi broadcasting. Has anyone experienced this or have any clues as to what the problem might be?
  16. r8rfan1010

r8rfan1010 New Member

WiFi tether problems

I am having the same problem with using Barnacle WiFi Tether with it connecting but I never see it broadcasting itself out wirelessly. Anyone else having this issue?

D1
    CM7
    Red Remix Theme
  17. starnesc

starnesc New Member

I just found out how to make it work. It does not work the way it used to, but, if you start it up and then click associate button it will broadcast out and my ipod can connect to it then. Don't know how this part changed. It is just an extra step unless someone knows how to broadcast all of the time like it used to.
  18. r8rfan1010

r8rfan1010 New Member

My friend has Barnacle on his rooted D2 (with stock ROM, not CM7) and he just fired his up now in front of me and didn't have to click associate and my iTouch saw it right away. Hmmmm
  19. stugatz

stugatz New Member

I'm having the same issue regarding the gallery, it doesnt reboot my phone but i cant use the app without it constantly restarting.

Any fixes for this?
  20. bigmarv11

bigmarv11 New Member

I was wondering, does anyone prefer froyo over gingerbread? I've been using this rom for a while now and kind of miss froyo, mainly because of issues with the gallery and a few other minor bugs. Let me know what you guys think. Also, what kernels are best with which roms?

Search tags for this page

cyanogenmod 7.0.3 for og droid