CyanogenMod 6 - Now on the Milestone!

d33p

Reaction score
I was using Cyanogen RC3 but the battery drains really fast
20% of the battery gone when i turn my milestone standby for 6 hours
setCPU has been used for 500/250 during screen off

help....

Hmm.. I seem to get the same mileage as I did with 2.1. Maybe try uninstalling some apps? For me setCPU is set to 250max when screen off for me. But I really don't think that changing those values effect the drain that far off.

Maybe you could try reflashing if anything else fails?

Cheers

Kazuya

Reaction score
someone told me that setCPU will drain battery away for G.O.T. 2.2.1 and suggest me to uninstall it. it seems my milestone last a bit longer than before. will try to see if its true

TheNamek

Reaction score
I was using Cyanogen RC3 but the battery drains really fast
20% of the battery gone when i turn my milestone standby for 6 hours
setCPU has been used for 500/250 during screen off

help....

Yup, I'm experiencing significantly increased power drain as well - down 20% in about 3hrs with the phone doing nothing and with all apps killed + no sync. I might switch back to the stock 2.1 just conduct a like for like 'do nothing' test. I managed to get 12 hours for a 20% drain on 2.1 so it's gonna take some beating!

I've also tried no apps or sync but running email fetching every 5mins (not Push) and that alone starts turning my Milestone into a real power hog - 30% drop in 3hrs and that's with virtually no fiddling of the phone. No wonder people have been *****in about battery life! Smartphones are supposed to run all sorts of stuff constantly and I did a whole load of reading before getting an A853 so, although I was prepared for a sucky battery life experience, facing it in reality remains quite shocking. I had a Hero before and that wasn't exactly great but this is a whole new level of power munching!

Alta1r

Reaction score
Yup, I'm experiencing significantly increased power drain as well - down 20% in about 3hrs with the phone doing nothing and with all apps killed + no sync. I might switch back to the stock 2.1 just conduct a like for like 'do nothing' test. I managed to get 12 hours for a 20% drain on 2.1 so it's gonna take some beating!

I've also tried no apps or sync but running email fetching every 5mins (not Push) and that alone starts turning my Milestone into a real power hog - 30% drop in 3hrs and that's with virtually no fiddling of the phone. No wonder people have been *****in about battery life! Smartphones are supposed to run all sorts of stuff constantly and I did a whole load of reading before getting an A853 so, although I was prepared for a sucky battery life experience, facing it in reality remains quite shocking. I had a Hero before and that wasn't exactly great but this is a whole new level of power munching!

I guess your problem is that the phone doens't go into sleep mode and keeps running (had the same problem before). If you have Cyanogen installed you should have an app called 'Spare Parts' (you can download it from the market as well). Open it and check 'Battery History'. If 'Running' is 100% that means your phone isn't getting into sleep mode.

To find which app is keeping your phone awake you could try 'Watchdog'. That app monitors cpu time by app. You might find the app causing problems.

I'm running Cyanogen and get about 2 days out of a charge with average use of the phone.

TheNamek

Reaction score
I guess your problem is that the phone doens't go into sleep mode and keeps running (had the same problem before). If you have Cyanogen installed you should have an app called 'Spare Parts' (you can download it from the market as well). Open it and check 'Battery History'. If 'Running' is 100% that means your phone isn't getting into sleep mode.

To find which app is keeping your phone awake you could try 'Watchdog'. That app monitors cpu time by app. You might find the app causing problems.

I'm running Cyanogen and get about 2 days out of a charge with average use of the phone.

Thx for tip. I switched back to 2.1 and am getting approx 2 days use. From memory, Phone Idle was eating most of the power. I eBay'd my 2nd handset (I loved it so much I bought two lol!) so will prob wait for another update before trying Cyanogen again - still busy blinging my current setup lol! Also waiting for my D2 extended BP7X to arrive :)

Alta1r

Reaction score
You might be waiting a long time for another 2.2 version of Cyanogen, Nadlabak seems to be focusing on getting 2.3 working on our Milestones at the moment. :)

holdfast

Reaction score
It's alright, his link is not the ROM itself, but to some other website.

You can find all the info and downloads on the original website: CyanogenMod 6.1.0 RC0 for Milestone | android.doshaska.net

I installed it and it's working perfectly, no real issues everything is working as it should, maybe except a fast battery drain (or maybe I played too much with my device, I don't know).

I just installed this but now I am having network issues. I cant connect to Rogers apn. It will sometimes connect to Edge then cut out again.

rhj911

Reaction score
Anyone try this on an Alltel milestone yet?

Sent from my A854 using DroidForums App

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone try this on an Alltel milestone yet?

The alltel milestone is just a rebranded cdma Droid. You should be able to use Droid recoveries and roms just fine, and not be stuck to the locked milestone roms

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rhj911

Reaction score
OK, another question....everything on the Cyanogen website says "Milestone A853"......has anyone used this on an A854 Milestone?

Thanks!