CyanogenMod 6 - Froyo

Hitmanthe3rd

Reaction score
As soon as this bad boy gets Camera Working im keeping it. I LOVED it but I needed my camera lol.

atomicrm

Reaction score
so if i root my incredible then use this rom to get 2.2 after its installed will my phone basicaly be new or will all my settings and apps still be there?
would like to have 2.2 bad lol

OP
B

butterfras

Reaction score
you're going to need to write down all your apps and make sure that all of your contacts are on your google account not on your phone. Once you use a non-SenseUI rom, your apps will backup to your google account also and then automatically download, but the first time you're on your own, as far as I know.

egobuster1

Reaction score
i cant wait for this rom to be stable and everything working..just rooted my buddies moto droid and put bugless beast on it and its so much faster and nicer

givmedew

Reaction score
so if i root my incredible then use this rom to get 2.2 after its installed will my phone basicaly be new or will all my settings and apps still be there?
would like to have 2.2 bad lol

Ok, NO because one of the main steps is WIPE PHONE before installing the new rom.

Someone made a comment on writing down your apps. There is a much faster way.

Download Titanium backup and SMS Backup/Restore

batta bing batta bang done!!!! If you cant figure out Titanium backup search the forums please do not ask about it in this thread.

Also just FYI titanium backup is worth paying for if you are going to get into changing roms often. It is so much more faster, powerful, and useful as the paid version.

S

spacemanps

so are these still the current bugs?:

No GPS
No Bluetooth
No Camera
No FM Radio
Only 700-800MB of internal storage is recognized
SMS works but not MMS
Auto Brightness is flaky
Some report swype not working but the red version works for me and others
Facebook "Unable to add to accounts & sync" (FB app bug not CM6)
Shows T-CDMA 64 instead of Verizon Wireless
Some paid apps don't show up in the Market.

if so dont think i can go with a rom yet... i use GPS almost everyday...

OP
B

butterfras

Reaction score
Yup. That's pretty much it. I haven't seen a new build in a few days either.

egobuster1

Reaction score
i beleive the Skyraider version of froyo has GPS working now if you go to that thread and follow the links you will find version 1.8 i think it is and they have GPS working

S

spacemanps

sweet thanks! once i actually get this thing rooted... ill be good, but that is proving to be more of a task than i had expected...

atomicrm

Reaction score
Anyway to restore some of the sense look and feel to this rom? Tried sky raider but it wigged out and became useless

egobuster1

Reaction score
dang i for sure figured we would have a update by now if not a stable version..man i cant wait to run froyo

OP
B

butterfras

Reaction score
you can check Index of /nightly/inc/ for nightly builds, but it hasn't changed in a week or so. the cyanogenmod web site says that RC1 is out, but not for us. I ended up just going to back to the stock rom; i was gettting a lot of reboots and i missed GPS, Bluetooth, and camera.