CyanogenMod 5.0.7

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I should have clarified - as PDR said, when I said test2 hit the changelog, it meant that koush modified the ro.version field in build.prop, so that the next time he does a build it will be test2. It doesn't mean that the build is available.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
Loaded Genesis V-1 this morning without any glitches. I'll run it for a day or so to see how it compares with BB1.0 that I seem to go back to all the time.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
By the way, I was outside mowing before I go into work and l was listening to Pandora for about 2 hours straight without any problems. the battery did not drop 10% and when I checked the temp right after I quit Pandora, it was 39.6.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Loaded Genesis V-1 this morning without any glitches. I'll run it for a day or so to see how it compares with BB1.0 that I seem to go back to all the time.

Genesis runs great for me...just switched from the default kernel to P3Droid to compare (since I don't use compcache, which requires the kernel included with Genesis). It also looks very cool... :D

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
From cyanogen, posted today on his site:

A whole bunch of us have been working hard to get Android 2.1 (CM 5.0.7) running perfect on the HTC Dream and Magic phones and I think it’s nearly ready to go. This release is almost exactly the same as the Nexus One and Droid versions of CM now, minus a few of the heavier apps.
This was an incredible community effort and I hope everyone likes the result. Breathing new life into old hardware is always awesome.

I expect that a stable release of 5.0.7 should be ready for all devices in the next few days.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
The fact that Cyanogen himself actually posted info w/a timeline is pretty encouraging...I would expect something towards the end of next week if nothing goes wrong.

In the meantime, 5.0.7test0 (i.e., Genesis v1) is working plenty nicely. :)

dave4100

Reaction score
like someone said two weeks ago i wont hold my breath

I don't anybody is going to come out with a major ROM update until 2.2 is busted out. Seems like a whole lot of work for the last month or two just to turn around in maybe three weeks and do it all over again. But, who knows.

LrdElderon

Reaction score

I don't anybody is going to come out with a major ROM update until 2.2 is busted out. Seems like a whole lot of work for the last month or two just to turn around in maybe three weeks and do it all over again. But, who knows.

CM roms are not like most others that just build off the generic already built base. Cm is constantly worked on as fixes and changes come and go in the AOSP. So it's not like they are doing a bunch of work and then having to redo it, they will just add as stuff is released.

That said this will most likely follow the same crappy release as 2.1 did. I've been hearing that the source probably won't be pushed out to the tree for public developers for several weeks at least, most likely after nexus gets an OTA of it first =(

Seriously doesn't this bug the hell out of anyone else? 2.2 is done, it's out to manufacturers to start on updates, why does the public have to wait weeks? we have the 2.2 sdk, very nice of them to give us that but not the rest of the code to be able to test anything. Woot i can program 2.2 features... wtf do i test it on reliably?

source should be out to all repo/gits as soon as the sdk is out and announced.

ok /end rant

Though on the bright side at least after a few weeks and the code is out we won't have long for 2.2 roms. Anyone want to wager how many months until vz releases an ota? judging from 2.1 we prob won't get it officially until xmas ROFL. unless this one is a bit easier for them?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing that might speed VZW in releasing this for the Droid is the related Flash support (10.1 Flash and 2.2 are joined at the hip) - I'd bet VZW REALLY wants to be able to start saying how many phones they have that support Flash (and remind everyone guess what phone starting with an "i" doesn't?) as soon as they possibly can - if they can hit the summer season very good, they should have it as a MUST for the BTS (Back-to-School) and holiday shopper seasons.

Bottom line, unlike in the case of 2.1, I think VZW has some skin in the game to get this release out quickly...

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

The work for 5.0.7 (not quite a MAJOR update, I'd say) is pretty much done, just cleaning up a few bugs is all that remains.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk