CyanogenMod 5.0.6

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
I guess I hosed this again!
I tried to install a bootanimation (Peeing) which I had installed when I was using another rom.

OMG, I was reading this and coughed coke out of my nose onto my screen "wiping sticky coke off my phone" don't you know you can't insert humor "(peeing) into forum posts? You could ruin someones phone if it's really funny. Thank god I didn't have more cola in my mouth to spew as I was trying not to laugh.

The way I did it was to change the zip file to update.zip and in clockworkmod install update.zip form sdcard.

You might know this already, but I'm going to say it anyway, you need to make sure that what you are attempting to install is compatible with your current ROM. Changing it into the update.zip form will either fail if it's not in that form, or work. However if it is not compatible with your ROM, obviously it isn't going to work.

Now I cant get pat the M screen.

The dreaded "M" screen. Yep, you are baked man, you have to re-install your ROM to get your phone to work properly.

Is there a way for me to boot my device on or do I have to wipe restore and install ALL my files again?

You should be able to wipe cache and re-install the same ROM. You will loose your apps but retain the information for them. I know you are probably thinking this now, but I'm going to say it anyway just to be a smart ass, after all you did make me cough cola out of my nose like a fricken fire hose. You might want to do a quick backup of your system before you change anything with your ROM. As many times as things have not worked out for me, I am glad I took the time to back things up first before I started messing with things. It's a life savor.

Darn...

Thanks

Good luck to you "getting windex to clean cola off my screen", if you post anything else, remember, NO HUMOR, lol. God, I really did just spew cola everywhere man, rawr!

You lost me???
Glad that I could lighten you morning but if you mean PEEING thats a bootanimation.zip file
When you install it instead of the red eye at boot it has android peeing on a apple...

If you have not seen it yet let me know I can post a link to the page.

Anyway it is always better to laugh then cry ..
So laugh on!

cesareborgia

Reaction score
Hello,
I guess I hosed this again!
I tried to install a bootanimation (Peeing) which I had installed when I was using another rom.

OMG, I was reading this and coughed coke out of my nose onto my screen "wiping sticky coke off my phone" don't you know you can't insert humor "(peeing) into forum posts? You could ruin someones phone if it's really funny. Thank god I didn't have more cola in my mouth to spew as I was trying not to laugh.

The way I did it was to change the zip file to update.zip and in clockworkmod install update.zip form sdcard.

You might know this already, but I'm going to say it anyway, you need to make sure that what you are attempting to install is compatible with your current ROM. Changing it into the update.zip form will either fail if it's not in that form, or work. However if it is not compatible with your ROM, obviously it isn't going to work.

Now I cant get pat the M screen.

The dreaded "M" screen. Yep, you are baked man, you have to re-install your ROM to get your phone to work properly.

Is there a way for me to boot my device on or do I have to wipe restore and install ALL my files again?

You should be able to wipe cache and re-install the same ROM. You will loose your apps but retain the information for them. I know you are probably thinking this now, but I'm going to say it anyway just to be a smart ass, after all you did make me cough cola out of my nose like a fricken fire hose. You might want to do a quick backup of your system before you change anything with your ROM. As many times as things have not worked out for me, I am glad I took the time to back things up first before I started messing with things. It's a life savor.

Darn...

Thanks

Good luck to you "getting windex to clean cola off my screen", if you post anything else, remember, NO HUMOR, lol. God, I really did just spew cola everywhere man, rawr!

You lost me???
Glad that I could lighten you morning but if you mean PEEING thats a bootanimation.zip file
When you install it instead of the red eye at boot it has android peeing on a apple...

If you have not seen it yet let me know I can post a link to the page.

Anyway it is always better to laugh then cry ..
So laugh on!

Oh crap, now I feel like a mentally constipated idiot... :)