CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1

Georgeofjungle52

Reaction score
What version of Chevy's kernel did you use? 8-1 or 9-23?
9-23 I think. The zip file says 9Chevy No1-1.2ghz-ulow7slot-update.zip. It is for 2.2. Worked well on 6.0. The wifi part doesn't anymore. If I knew how I'd switch it with another. The cyanogen kernal works well at 800mhz. I'm old and I'm trying to learn more. That kernel was the newest one I had. The others I tried overheated the processor.

wingdo

Reaction score
What version of Chevy's kernel did you use? 8-1 or 9-23?
9-23 I think. The zip file says 9Chevy No1-1.2ghz-ulow7slot-update.zip. It is for 2.2. Worked well on 6.0. The wifi part doesn't anymore. If I knew how I'd switch it with another. The cyanogen kernal works well at 800mhz. I'm old and I'm trying to learn more. That kernel was the newest one I had. The others I tried overheated the processor.

The 8-1 kernels should work, grab them here: http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/froyo/kernels/ I am using P3's LV kernels w/o issue and you can grab those here: http://www.p3designs.info/kernels/ .

Georgeofjungle52

Reaction score
Tried the ultra low voltage one and my wifi is gone again. I'll wait until a new one comes out. Thanks, very much, for the help. I know other people have no probs with this, but it's the first time something didn't work for my old Droid.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I hear you there. I'm not on the RC yet (I'll wait for the next one, thank you! I know what works on this build -- 160 -- so far.) but I DID just flash the 1.6 SlayHer kernel for 1.2GHz. It's running hot, but I just pulled down a 1683 on Quadrant. I'm going to stress-test this puppy for a while.