1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

cyanogenmod 5.0.5.3 vs Blackdroids Rom?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by dbarrett480, Mar 24, 2010.

1. dbarrett480

dbarrett480 New Member

I keep flashing back and forth between these two and can't decide which I want to keep. Which one do you guys prefer and why?
  2. RoLa

RoLa New Member

I'm doing the same thing..:)...I have stuck with CM though because I can't keep reading through all that hooplah on BD threads:icon_evil:..No seriously.... I like them both, I think BD ROMS are a little more stable for my Droid, but I like the fact that Koush is doing everything from source, I've decided to stick with CM...I'm still on 5.0.5 though and couldn't be happier:) I can't and will not commit....Def. Clockwork Recovery though..
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  3. jr313

jr313 New Member

i tried them both also but i prefer cm's im running 5.0.5.3 right now and its stable no fc's and just as smooth as ever and i have the licorice theme over it lookn sweeeet!
  4. Tatootie

Tatootie New Member

Subscribing
    Im currently on bd with no issues though.
  5. dbarrett480

dbarrett480 New Member

Do your keyboard lights still work? I tried installing this theme on an older build and it broke my keyboard lights and auto backlight.
  6. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

All hardware works as it should, now. Not trying to diminish anyone's work, but CM has a feature nobody else has that I use all the time--skipping tracks via the volume button.
  7. CyBuzz

CyBuzz New Member

I use BD 7.8.. I tried CM but could not find a kernel that over clocked, though I did not try hard. I have been on BD for a while now and just stuck with it. I took some things I liked from CM and put them on the BD.UD rom.

I have not had luck in upgrading to UD8 though. Maybe I will do that today.
  8. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I just like the fact that CM has features that no other roms has. Then from that you can apply the many themes for CM. Overall it is a personal thing, so make the choice on your own needs and likes.
  9. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I am a long time BD user on 8.1.1 now. I was just wondering out of curiosity what features does CM have that others dont? Also I like themes, and thats the one part I want BD to really push on with, more theme options. KLove the dark look tho. Fantastic roms BD makes, been so hooked since 6.5!
  10. thebowers

Some features that I use and there may be more. LEDS all the time. You won't get that unless you are still on 2.01. Intergrated USB tether. It's what I use since I don't have a Wifi card in my computer. 360, 270 screen rotation. Not that great but fun to play a trick on some one. One that adrynalyne already stated is the volume controls can be used even when the phone is locked.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  11. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

CM when holding the power button you you can reboot along with airplane mode and power off the droid. Volume button to skip tracks , 270 /360 rotation ,

I loaded up a BD version once and didn't care for the extra crap he put with it I flashed back to Simply Stunning with the blink of an eye. and from SS I am on Koush's Cyanogen and haven't looked back since

-=Jason=-
  12. thflroes

thflroes New Member

how do you skip tracks?? When I press it all i do is turn the volume up and down whethere its locked or not.

thanks for your help!
  13. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

While the screen is off/phone is locked, hold the volume button down. It will skip to the next track.
  14. gottaDROID

gottaDROID New Member

So if I want to try CM, do I do a clean swipe since I'm going fom UD7.8 to CM 5.0.5.3? Rom manager is what i'm using
  15. khmer

khmer New Member

With Cyanogenmod you can't do ##PROGRAM with blackdroid you could. thats because Cyanogenmod is not a true droid ROM. I wish cyanogemod would fix that

verizon motorola droid user flashed to metro
  16. thebowers

Does it error out or what? If it is that you can't get the dialpad up while on a call, open up to the keyboard and punch in the numbers or letters.
  17. khmer

khmer New Member

No, in the phone dialer if you dial ##PROGRAM the DROID programming menu appear thats where you adjust your voice quality VOCODE, Data Rates, etc.. with CM rom you can't access the DROID programming menu. It is very important to have because you can adjust your voice clearity.

nevermind.. just updated to this ROM the ##PROGRAM does work now.. i guess you guys fix it.. coool.. awesome work..
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  18. thflroes

thflroes New Member

Hmmmm....when i do that with mine it just changes to volume. I am locked and screen is off....oh well. not a big deal just would have been sweet!
  19. bgill55

bgill55 New Member Theme Developer

Long Hold It dont just press it once hold it down like your trying to take a pic with the volume rocker!
  20. koush

koush Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Obviously I am running CyanogenMod. ;) But man... you guys gotta run through the install script Blackdriod set up on ROM Manager. Ridiculous how many options you get. He really pushed the system. :)
Search tags for this page

why is my themes provider broke when upgrading cyanogenmod