Cyanogen?

RealityMaster

Reaction score
I saw cyanogen running on a friends EVO and really liked it. I've been reading up on it and can't seem to find a definitive answer, does it run on droid 2? I searched the forum, but only found references to the original droid. I apologize in advance if I missed something.

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

ionyejekwe

Reaction score
I have N evo its amazing got psx4droid running perfect

Sent from my PC36100 using DroidForums App

OP
R

RealityMaster

Reaction score
Thank you for the prompt reply, glad I asked. Time to do some more reading, and decide which rom to go with.

Thanks again!;-)

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hate to see someone needlessly screw their phone up, cyanogen is a great dev and I would personally love for him to make roms for the d2.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Keep on eye on Koush from the CM team, he is their lead Motorola (Motorola meaning the D1) dev, but I sorta doubt we will see a port to D2 anytime soon :(

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I find it doubtful also for d2 roms there's only me, Matt,Teamblackhat,Team Defuse,and Angdroid so were few,but I have much respect for the great devs who have created the community.

Taegost

Reaction score
No if you try it bad things will happen

This has to be one of the greatest responses, ever :)
Do you mind if I quote it? :)
On topic, I'd love to see some of the bigger names bring stuff over, but I'm still researching what all can be done with the D2... I'm tempted to try Squidlys' ROM, I think just telling everyone at work that my phone runs Squidlymandingo would be worth more then the ROM itself :)

OP
R

RealityMaster

Reaction score
I have to agree. I've spent the last couple days reading and for droid 2 it sounds like the squidlymandigo rom is the way to go.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i heard he was not goin to continue makin roms for newere phones due to locked bootloaders

Taegost

Reaction score
I'm running Squidlymandingo now, it's working well, I like the black theme of it. Haven't had any issues so far.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Squid is the man! Running his rom with no issues. Fast and close to stock. Black themed. And no need for setcpu or d2 oc. Run d2 oc for voltage though. His rom at stock with ulv is aesome. Lasts forever.

evilsock

Reaction score
agreed, squid is next best thing to CM, but plz plz plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz someone get the bootloader cracked!