1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

cyanogen to saphire break

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mau5hunter, Aug 12, 2010.

1. mau5hunter

mau5hunter New Member

was sittin on cyanogen r1 . d/l saphire.incognito . back up went fine (or appeared to) and then it went to boot animation, been there ever since, wont go past. i can although get into recovery, and am now trying to load an older back up. i want to try saphire . anybody know the deal ? did i do something wrong? do i have to step down before i step up/over?
  2. AtrusNex

AtrusNex New Member

Usually if you get a boot-loop it's because of your kernel. If your previous back-up is fine here's what I'd recommend you do:

-If you're using Clockwork, flash an older recovery or SPRecovery if you have it, then flash to the newest clock work again. Sometimes Clockmod Recovery can get corrupted with a new ROM installation and needs to be re-flashed.

-Try re-flashing only Sapphire with a kernel as close to stock as possible, like 250-800mHz medium voltage.

-If that works, make another Nandroid back-up, then try experimenting with other kernel flashes. Try stepping down, incrementally going lower voltage or higher clock speed until you get to either what you want or the best you can get that runs stable.

Hope it works.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  3. shocka2430

shocka2430 New Member

You need the sapphire rom and gapps first. Load them and let it sync then do the incognito theme. Go to the sapphire section to get the links. I make sure and get all my apps and what not back before i theme.