1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cyanogen to Droidmod Resolution (hopefully)

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by endisky, Mar 24, 2010.

1. endisky

endisky New Member

I have been getting alot of messages from people that are trying to use droidmod to go back to stock when they are running Cyanogen... (keep in mind I am pretty active on other sites, just never posted here). Hopefully this resolves the issue of DroidMod saying that your sd card is not mounted.
    ***********************************************************************************************************************
    ***anyone that is having trouble running dm updater***
    sprecovery and clockwork recovery hate each other.... the way that I was able to get it to work is by manually pushing sp recovery to the phone using a free app in the market called terminal emulator ( by jack palevich)
    step 1: install the terminal emulator app
    step 2: download this http://downloads.droidmod.org/recovery-0.99.3.img and copy it to the root of your sd card
    step 3: open terminal emulator and typ this in EXACTLY
    the phone will reboot into recovery (sprecovery), then just choose reboot and your phone will reboot like normal. you will then be able to run dm updater like normal. (thanks to the droidreview guy for that video back in the day that showed me how to push sprecovery!)
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

Endisky :welcome: to the forum and thanks so much for that very nice guide!! hopefully that will help everyone having that problem!!
  3. RoLa

RoLa New Member

There have been a few that weren't able to get the emulator to read the sd card ..the recovery has to be flashed from /data/local..might want to add THAT push as well

issue with reading the sd card to flash sprecovery.
    Code:
    adb push recoveryimage /data/local/recoveryimage
    flash_image recovery /data/local/recoveryimage
    Where recoveryimage is the name if your sprecovery file. ...OR you can easily switch thanks to adrynalyne and his custom scripts.. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-recovery-image-use.html?highlight=adrynalyne

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  4. endisky

endisky New Member

@roladroid.... if you could elaborate on that it would be greatly appreciated.... I've only been rooting for about 2 weeks, I've learned a ton and even taught alot, but still learning.
  5. RoLa

RoLa New Member

There ya go...We are all still learning..thanks for putting this up...:)
  6. rda990

rda990 Member

Getting error that it can't find recovery partion =(
  7. LrdElderon

LrdElderon New Member

mmm i don't think recovery images have to be in /data/local/ boot animations do. recovery images can stay on the root of the sdcard and you just
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recoveryimg.img

unless you are trying to get it stored out of the way? I thought the partition was /recovery. it has it's own mtd block according to various sites even this one. /system /cache /data
    /recovery /sdcard...etc unless it's just symlinked to /data/local?

wait update: were you just meaning if you can't get the sdcard to work? it should work if you are using the phone emulator but if you are in recovery mode the sdcard is not mounted by default. clockwork has the mount options now though and that should take care of any issues i'd hope.
  8. dinsdalepirahna

dinsdalepirahna New Member

Not Working

I completed the steps listed above with out error but I am still not able to run droidmod 1.1. What can I try next?

Thanks for your help.
  9. hayaku

hayaku New Member

why not just run the rom manager and install the stock rom through it? that gets you back to stock and then you can start all over again with dmupdater from the beginning.

or you can use rom manager to change the recovery image from clockwork to sprecovery and you are at where your instructions left off.

dinsdalepirahna: if you ran the code above, all you did was install sprecovery into the recovery partition. that did not install any roms at all. run dmupdater and let that do it for you is the easiest way.
  10. koush

koush Premium Member Premium Member Developer

You can flash SPRecovery from ROMManager. And then you can flash back to Clockwork.