cyanogen on droid x?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
5 months later....

So any update on this? I see it's still not available for the X.....

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Cvpcs is looking into porting it. But until the bootloaders is unlocked or bypassed I don't think it'll happen.

Sent from somewhere...

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Damn, that bootloader is gonna be the end of me...

I'm kinda surprised no one has cracked it yet, but then again that eChip sounds pretty intimidating.

Well thanks for the timely reply!

foxky

Reaction score
if you follow @cvpcs he's actually come quite far with it, either him or ud have a public testing release coming soon, I forget which

tapped on my LibX 1.5

jkaechler

Reaction score
Of all the mods and roms I have read about, cyanogen looks more and more like the one i want to run on my X. I hope, hope, hope that it is progressing well.

X_Usaf

Reaction score
it won't happen till the bootloader is cracked. I ran CM7 on my htc eris and loved it.

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
I hope it does happen someday esp since any Dx/D2 owner will probably not ever get an OTA update after 2.3.4 . It takes forever for updates to trickle down from Verizon, just look at the lifespan that CM has brought to the OG Droid!

kevcube

Reaction score
There's a good chance the droid 2/x will see ICS, it will be within our 18 month promised lifespan from google. Otherwise, cyanogenmod is possible, but highly unlikely due to the lack of a custom kernel, but there is a workaround currently under heavy development, it's for the atrix but the method it implements is not device specific. Cvpcs is working on getting cm7 to work with the kernel that we are stuck on, rather than changing the kernel to match the rom

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums