Cyanogen mod

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by itwerk, Mar 14, 2010.

1. itwerk

itwerk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is amazing!!!!!!!!!!

2. JTAC

JTAC Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It simply is. Went from Sholes to DM 1.0 to Adamz big update to Cyanogen Mod. Staying with this ROM.

3. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2,434
    any of you have success going back to your old rom.

4. mudpro69

mudpro69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, But I haven't tried....Really liking this ROM....

5. JTAC

JTAC Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Actually kind of odd you mention getting back to your old ROM....I mad the mistake of trying to load "blackmod" theme using Meta Morph (didn't pay attention that this ROM is 2.1). As a result I get stuck on the opening animations boot loop for 20 minutes. I tried everything to exit it, unrooting, loading another ROM, wipe data/wipe cache...nothing happened. Then I chose to reinstall the ROM, wipe data/cache again and it booted right up.

I really am curious how to get back to an old ROM (I foresee me using this one for awhile)....just in case DM 2.1 is worth it.

6. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I looked at this from DL, nice!

Have they corrected batt use yet?

I may do this one, I like the launcher with 4 spot placeholders for apps.

7. pthance

pthance Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a nandroid backup of all my favorite ROM's. Just switch between them and your clockwork backups and you will be fine. I use multiple ROM's throughout the week and weekend now, why make a decision when you can just jump between them :D.

8. darkespawn

darkespawn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty new to this whole scene, I have had my droid for 3-4 weeks, I started off just rooting it a little over a week ago or so. I have been trying to learn as much as I could about how to install roms. Then i came across just using DMupdater, so I installed Droid Mod, and a couple days later I used SPRecovery and put Bugless Beast and Simply Stunning on my phone in the same day. then the next day (yesterday) I came across a nandroid backup of Cyanogen and installed it.

I like them all.

one question I have, If have DMUpdater on my and it installed SPRecovery and then I use Rom Manager which wants to install the Clockworks recovery. will it jack anything up haveing both recovery tools? is there a way to choose which one i want to use?

9. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2,434

Reason I asked; a couple people in this thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/29576-brick-help-please-2.html) has been having problem getting back to the original rom. They are unable to use the clockwork. If you know the rom well I am sure they would appreciate you assistance.
    I personally tried to install it yesterday but kept getting a dump error in the recovery screen. I went back to droidmod. Ima just wait til them guys release another Rom.

10. topaz330

topaz330 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i didn't read the thread but did the people trying to get back to the original rom flash back to sprecovery before doing so?

11. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +220
    There is a Nandroid version: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/29277-jrummys-koush-remix-rom-nex-theme.html

12. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    No, they/we, tried to use the backup created by Clockwork and ended up being stuck at M. We finally got out of it, but the backup made by clockwork did not work for us.

I ended up using clockwork to install the Koush rom again and then installed Flash_Image and sprecovery again and then used my nandroid backup. All is well now.

13. darkespawn

darkespawn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    JRummy's Koush Remix Rom with Nex Theme

this is what i used, I was just curious if in the future I installed the Clockworks recovery if it will mess up my phone since i still have SPRecovery on it.

14. Balthazar

Balthazar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My two cents- I flashed koush's ROM yesterday based off of all the recent hype. It is a very nice ROM, very professional feel, beautiful launcher and as fast as any ROM I've used. Very impressive considering it was built from scratch.

I uninstalled it this morning for two reasons. First the battery usage was terrible for me and the battery ran consistently hotter, despite the fact that I wasn't running any live wallpapers. Second,and I may be misinformed, but it doesn't appear that this ROM supports corporate calender, which was a deal breaker for me. I use my phone for work, so this was a big deal for me. I tried to get it to install by a couple of different methods, but no go.

I'm not sure what all the "real developer" talk is about on not just this board, but others also. It must be based on something, but I don't know if it is all behind the scenes stuff or what. I do know that Pete's BB v0.8 is working flawlessly for me, I'll stick with that for the time being.

I didn't have any problems switching back and forth between the two ROMs, koush's ROM instaler was just as user friendly as the DM updater app, anyone wanting to give it a try should just install both. Use DM to flash SPrecovery when/if you want to try another ROM, having both of the recovery images on your phone won't hurt anything. I left koush's ROM installer on my phone so I can check out his next release and see if my issues are resolved.

15. willmiller82

willmiller82 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had big problems trying to go back to my old roms after loading this one. Phone wouldn't load much past the motorola screen and the power button stopped working. The only way I could get the phone to boot up was to plug it into the charger and then pull the battery out, then it would boot up with no battery inserted. I rebooted into safe mode by holding x key during boot up and then reloaded an old back up. Every thing is working but it gave me a pretty big scare. I am planning on reloading this rom cause it rocks but I need to backup my applications first because after loading this it wiped them all out. Also noticed that Cyanogenmod website is currently down :(