Cyanogen Mod Teased For The Galaxy Note 3 by Creator Steve Kondik

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cyanogenmod-Note-3.jpg

You knew it was going to happen soon. Today Steve Kondik posted a photo of his Galaxy Note 3 running Cyanogen Mod! This means that Team Cyanogen must be getting close to a release for this device. I love my Note 3 so much it is hard to think I could love it any more, but AOSP always makes things even better! There is no ETA on the release, but hopefully a beta will be released to XDA soon. Now if only we could get a custom recovery on the Verizon Note 3 we would be all set!

Via SamMobile

squeak

Reaction score
I have had CM in the past and loved it. I currently run PA on my Galaxy Nexus and I think it started with CM and went from there. I am in the market for a Note 3, but want to give touch wiz a try. It looks like they've a lot of real functionality. I've never owned an android phone that I was excited about a manufacturer's skin on, but I think the Note 3 could change that(even though I do plan to root). I also could be wrong, I could hate the skin and regret buying a phone with a locked bootloader and wish I could be running CM or PA again.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I flashed CM on my S4 as soon as it was available and really did enjoy it. I did however end up going back to TW and was very pleased with it. Especially with the Note 3 having the S-Pen, and the other software they added to it, keeping TW will probably be the way to go for me.

Honestly this is the first time I have not even rooted a phone. I didn't really have that much backed up with TiBu that I couldn't just restore manually. I have the tethering now that I am on the share everything plan.

I have not found a reason for me to have to wipe my phone just to get root anymore. This phone is a beast just how it is, no lag or any reason to freeze any apps that can't be disabled. I would really recommend this device, I think you would find yourself not missing AOSP too much. Sadly since I got my Note 3 I don't even really mess with my Nexus 7 2013 anymore either.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even a customized launcher isn't enough for me. I like quick switches for my dialer, status bar, sms themes, etc. I do know a lot of AOSP ROMS will run the same themes as CM and vice versa, but stock is not an option =p Looking forward to seeing a stable release of CM, especially once the Dev edition is available. Hoping they can get everything running without issue.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If CM for the Note 3 will include AirCommand for my S-Pen and all the features that comes with the S-Pen, I'd use CM. I've finally got on board with the Xposed Framework and have to say its filling in a few gaps that I missed from my S3 and DroidX on CM. I'm able to freeze bloat ware, I removed Carrier IQ and can now use NFC with my phone screen off and locked. The launcher for TouchWiz is actually pretty fast. No lag (though that may be the beast specs of my Note 3), things are layed out faily well too. I feel like the manufacturers finally got their act in gear and made something right. No matter what though, I'll wait to see if I can flash a custom recovery without triggering Knox first. At the minimum, I need to see if a triggered Knox will somehow screw up my JUMP program on TMobile. I paid no money down instead of the normal 370. At the end of 6 months, I will have paid out a total of $240 for my Note 3, far less than 370 down and $25 a month for 6 months for a total of $530 and upgrade my phone (if I so choose). If Knox kills the ability for me to upgrade then that will be annoying as hell, far more annoying than not being able to run an AOSP rom.