Cyanogen Mod problems

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by weezyldroid27, Mar 15, 2010.

1. weezyldroid27

weezyldroid27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to get back my backup that didn't work when trying to leave Cyanogen. I eventually have to unbrick my device but i wish i could get back to where i was before that. I tried rebooting into recovery and restore to that date but it froze at the M once again. I even tried with droidmod 1.0 but it still did not work. Any suggestions?

2. Tatootie

Tatootie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So are you saying, that even when going into recovery, you cannot restore your previously working rom?
    Did cyanogen rom not install for you originally? Need a little more detail here

3. weezyldroid27

weezyldroid27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I tried to reboot and restore with Cyanogenmod and I was stuck on M. So I had to install RSD lite to install the sbf file and get me back to stock. Once returned to stock I reinstalled my apps from what I could remember and then reinstalled droidmod 1.0. I then copied the backup file from Cyanogen clockwork to the nandroid folder and then rebooted into recovery to try and restore my backup from Cyenogen mod using sprecovery instead and I was again stuck on M so my backup that I would love to get to I can't because I will be stuck on M when trying to reboot.

4. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Seems to me a lot of people have had issues using the clockwork recovery - those that install and choose to do a backup before wiping and installing end up with issues, and those that dont cant use that recovery at all.

What other backups do you have? I'm told you can install DM updater and then use SPrecovery, dont try using something made for sp recovery using clockwork. Though I could be incorrect.

5. lockman

lockman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The way I solved this, if I'm reading you right, it sounds like I was in your boat Saturday night. Go to droidmod.org, install Droid mod updater. This will give you root and SPRcovery. Then you can either recover a previous nandroid, or install another ROM. If you do a nandroid to the new ultimate Droid, you'll be happy. Good luck.

6. Topsy

Topsy Member

Ratings:
    +0

The problem is droidmod installed sprecovery and you said you tried to restore the backup that you made with clockwork.

They are different recovery images and are not compatible, and also in seperate folders on your sdcard.

Install a backup from the nandroid folder, not the clockwork folder.

7. weezyldroid27

weezyldroid27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah i am running 7.5 right now and I am having issues with storage; I am trying to install more apps but they fail because of insufficient storage. Looks like my phone memory itself is low. How can I fix this?

8. weezyldroid27

weezyldroid27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All I have is 71 apps. I used to have more and didn't have any problem whatsoever downloading more. I recently downloaded titanium backup from the market and backed up my apps. I just don't know what's going on.

Search tags for this page
clockwork recovery mod won't load in cyanogen v10.2
cyanogenmod didnt work
facebook sharing issues with cyanogen
factory reset from cyanogen
hard reset cyanogen 9
hard reset motorola cyanogen
hard reset on cyanogenmod
how to factory reset a milestone phone running cyanogen 7

motorola citrus cyanogenmod

remove cyanogenmod hard reset