Cyanogen Mod 7

bomorgan

Reaction score
So i took the plunge after reading a bunch of stuff that jbirdvegas and cvpcs posted on another website. i'm not sure how linking works here so i can change this post at any time. just wanted to say this is the fasted my droid 2 has ever performed. i can't update you on battery life at the moment. i can say camera/gps/charge light/mic do not work. blue tooth mic works fine as does a plug in headset. theme-ing works just fine as well.

everything can be found here. again, i'm not taking credit just trying to show what's out there right now.

dancedroid

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I like that they're showing the D2 some love, but it's still "too beta" for me.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

pshaw92

Reaction score
Also the screen off/on animation does not work

cobjones

Reaction score
I am glad there is some love for the D2... i was on mydroidworld earlier and there was 3X the current viewers in the D2 forum than DX.

havens1515

Reaction score

I agree, I can deal without charge light, but I need the camera and GPS. And I'm assuming mic not working means people on the other end of a phone call can't hear me? It's not often I use my phone as a phone (more often it's used for texts,) but when I do, I need it to work.

I want to check this out SOOOO bad, but I need that stuff to work. :(

I'm using ZS 1.71 right now and that's awesome. Gunna check out the latest Liberty this weekend if all goes as planned. I will be checking back here and other sites periodically to see if there has been any progress made on this.

whezzel

Reaction score

I agree, I can deal without charge light, but I need the camera and GPS. And I'm assuming mic not working means people on the other end of a phone call can't hear me? It's not often I use my phone as a phone (more often it's used for texts,) but when I do, I need it to work.

I want to check this out SOOOO bad, but I need that stuff to work. :(

I'm using ZS 1.71 right now and that's awesome. Gunna check out the latest Liberty this weekend if all goes as planned. I will be checking back here and other sites periodically to see if there has been any progress made on this.

Try it out. Everything works. GPS camera accelerometer in call mic. Been running it for a few days now with no problems. If ur running any rom based on the gb leak Ull have to sbf back to froyo since cm7 runs on the froyo kernel

havens1515

Reaction score
Try it out. Everything works. GPS camera accelerometer in call mic. Been running it for a few days now with no problems. If ur running any rom based on the gb leak Ull have to sbf back to froyo since cm7 runs on the froyo kernel

Yeah, I read that yesterday, but I also read that the USB file system connection is not working, and that's another thing I use all the time. I'll wait for the weekend and see what kind of progress they have made on it. At the rate they're going now, I don't think it'll be long before there's enough fixed that I feel comfortable with it.

havens1515

Reaction score
OK, wow! Just read through all of last night's portion of the development forum (all 20 pages or so of it!) They fixed a lot last night, including the USB issue.

So far issues that still remain (that I have seen in the development forum):

alt-lock doesn't work
alt-tilde (above tab) doesn't work
Some themes not working
Can't change software keyboards (i.e. Swype, thumb keyboard, etc.)

So far that is all that has been reported as bugs in the latest build. None of those are deal killers to me (alt-lock would be the most annoying to me of the ones listed,) so I may have to flash it sooner than I expected. There may be more issues that haven't been reported yet though...

duyna

Reaction score
my issue is it doesnt boot in after sbf and loading rom as usual it gets stuck at the logo screen. I already clear data and cache and it still wont boot. Any tips here?

havens1515

Reaction score
Have you tried to just reboot a few times? Make sure to wait a few minutes between each boot. The first boot may take a long time. If that doesn't work, try to get into recovery and clear cache/data again. If it still doesn't boot after another wipe, you may need to sbf again.

jmpx55x

Reaction score
my issue is it doesnt boot in after sbf and loading rom as usual it gets stuck at the logo screen. I already clear data and cache and it still wont boot. Any tips here?

When you get into the default recovery factory reset it to that's what I did then it booted.

duyna

Reaction score
taking too long I didnt wait more than 10 minutes i have sbf three times and when i clear data in stock recovery it still doesnt boot...

havens1515

Reaction score
taking too long I didnt wait more than 10 minutes i have sbf three times and when i clear data in stock recovery it still doesnt boot...

I just read this in the development forum...

"MAKE SURE you have bootloader D2.35 when you get to the loading screen. Should be the second line of text. If it says D2.37, find the .sbf for D2.35, flash that, then sbf to 2.3.320. "

"If anyone else needs the D2.35 bootloader SBF file, its at http://android.smccloud.com/SBF/"

hope that helps!

havens1515

Reaction score
On d2.37 now no way to downgrade to 2.35?

The link that I posted in my last post is an sbf file that will get you back to 2.35. Once you are on 2.35 you can use the 2.3.320 sbf file to get back to normal. So you will need to sbf twice before your phone is usable again.