Cyanogen installed, can't log into gmail account

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nateccnn, Mar 22, 2010.

1. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

I got Cyanogen installed. Seems like a nice ROM. Only problem I have is I can't get logged into gmail account. There is a notification in my taskbar that says "Sign into your account". I tap it and I get a dialog asking for my password but the account name is already typed in. Unfortunately it says *user*@google.com instaed of *user*@gmail.com. I can't find any place to change the user name.

Also, when I tap the gmail app it prompts me to log in. I can enter the correct user name and the correct password, but it acts like it has no network connection and eventually times out and prompts me to connect to wiifii. I can connect to wiifii and surf the net, but this dialogg can't get out to connect to gmail servers.

I can log into gmail on my laptop so I know I am using the correct user name and password. Any direction...even the wrong direction...would be appreciated.

Nate
  2. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Did you do a fresh install to CyanogenMod? If not there could be a issue with it and an old rom combining.
  3. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

I loaded Cyanogen 5.0.5 from DroidMod 1.0. Is that the problem? If so, do I have to wipe the phone and start all over again?

Nate
  4. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I would backup data with Titanium Backup and then wipe everything clean and start again.
  5. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

You know what was easier? I went back to stock and found all the apps that have been ported from 2.1 to 2.0.1 and have all the features I want on my phone in an increadibly stable environment with 5 home screens, pinch to zoom and new musik player. I would not say I am done with rooting...but I am very happy and no longer itching for the 2.1 update that may or may not come by Christmas. LOL

Nate
  6. hepbone

hepbone New Member

I am having the same issue. The problem is that somehow I don't have a Nandroid backup. Do you guys know how to go backwards from Cyanogen 5.0.5 to either Droid Mod or Stock 2.0.1? I can get into Clockwork Recovery, but that's about it. My options in there are:

-reboot system
    -apply sdcard:update.zip
    -wipe data/factory reset
    -wipe cache partition
    -install zip from sdcard
    -nandroid (but it says "No files found")
    -partition menu
    -advanced

Can I reinstall Cyanogen from here? What is the update.zip?
  7. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Get the free DM Updater from the market if you don't already have it. DM Updater has an option to flash Droid Mod 1.0 or stock 2.0.1(unrooted). If you chose the stock 2.0.1, realize that the phone is no longer rooted. But you can always root again and get on with your journey. Funny...I started right where you are at. Eventually moved on to ABD using SDK Tools. Lots more control that way...but a much longer learning curve.

Good Luck!

Nate
  8. hepbone

hepbone New Member

Thanks for the quick reply! I can't access the Market because I can't add my gmail account to the phone in any way. I did manage to get DM Updater from a link on the Droid-Life site and got it installed. The problem is that it thinks the sd card is NOT mounted to the phone. So when I pick a ROM it just reboots into Clockwork Recovery. This is so frustrating.

What's this ABD? Is that what's listed on the link I posted above from rootyourdroid.info? I certainly don't want to get stuck with a half flashed phone. If all else fails, could I just take it to a Verizon store and have them flash the phone back to 2.0.1?

Here's the message I get in DM Updater:
    "Your SD card is not mounted. If your SD card is mounted on your computer, you must eject it before running DM Updater."

But it is mounted to the phone... Everything else can see it except this program.
  9. mrdroid

mrdroid New Member

You will want to do a complete wipe before installing Cyanogen for the first time.
    If you didn't install google apps then go back into recovery, reinstall Cyanogen and before you exit recovery install the google apps EPE54B on top
  10. hepbone

hepbone New Member

Thanks for the reply!

Here are my options in Clockwork Recovery:
    -reboot system
    -apply sdcard:update.zip
    -wipe data/factory reset
    -wipe cache partition
    -install zip from sdcard
    -nandroid (but it says "No files found")
    -partition menu
    -advanced

Do you know which option I select to reinstall Cyanogen from here?
  11. hepbone

hepbone New Member

12. mrdroid

mrdroid New Member

You want to put the 5.0.5 zip on your sdcard along with the EPE54B zip and use "install zip from sdcard" to install the 5.0.5 first, then use the same option to install EPE54B then reboot.
Search tags for this page
add account cyanogenmod
can't setup gmail in cyanogenmod
cant add google account in cyanogen mod 10
cianogen mod aggiunzione account
cyanogen gmail account

cyanogen google account

cyanogenmod 10 gmail account
cyanogenmod can't add google account
cyanogenmod cuenta gmail
cyanogenmod google account missing
how to add account to gmail on cyanogenmod 9 without gmail