1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cyanogen & Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by JhankG, Dec 31, 2009.

1. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Is he planning on releasing anything for the Droid in the near future? I scanned through his Twitter posts but didn't see anything mentioning the Droid. This is my first Android phone, but even I have heard of his work and was looking forward to trying one of his roms. Anyone heard anything or have some inside information?
  2. mattgyver83

mattgyver83 New Member

As im not him, i cant be positive but im pretty sure the answer is a big fat no.

1. He doesnt have a droid.
    2. There are big differences in the hardware

He has commented in the past that if he had a droid he would port it, but he doesnt and hes not into the CDMA stuff.

I think it would need to be undertook by another developer in order to do so and it might be more work than just building a standard droid rom.

I gotta suspicion we might see him develop for the nexus next. Or you could be a hero, donate a droid :D

not to put words in his mouth, just saying.
  3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

And I hate to post anything without solid backup, but I did see a thread about him and some of his other ROM work and having to tread lightly with any google stuff for legal reasons. As much as you may or may not like the "Google Experience" on our phones, I think for the masses it might be hard to push anything that totally circumvents Google. And I sure would not want them cranky with anything I was doing on the web, or to modify phones.

Craig