Cyanogen 7 NO Cell Service

pharaoh319

Reaction score
Hi all, new droid modder. Rooted phone, no issues. Installed CM 7.1.0-RC1.4. All went well except the actual cell phone. Had no bars. Searching for Service messages. Switched between cdma+lte/evdo auto and cdma only and back again. Ran Fixed permissions and *228. Still no bars or cell use. Ran back up before this adverture so I am currently ok.

What am I missing?

Also noticed all my apps were gone when running CM7 but all my contacts where in tact. Do I have to Reinstall apps after running CM7 or is there a way to recover those?

Tried the search fu but found nothing this specific.

OP
P

pharaoh319

Reaction score
hmm aparently i need to udate my radio as well. hmmm ok, let the search begin for that process.

MattWheelerGA

Reaction score
Whenever you flash a new ROM to your rooted your phone your going to all downloaded apps unless you back them up using third party software, i.e. Apps2SD or Titanium. Since CM7 is a very stripped down, AOSP based ROM you are also gone.a lose any Verizon bloatware apps previously installed on the device.

As for cell service, NEVER dial *228 to activate service. 4G phones are different than standard 3G or EVDO phones, and dialing it can cause you serious issues. Definitely make sure you have the proper radio for your ROM as well. 2.0 should do the trick as it's the most stable, but some users are having great success with 2.5.

Good luck!

Sent from my Gingeritis Infected ThunderBolt using DroidForums

OP
P

pharaoh319

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Matt. As thought, it was my radio needing flashing. everything is working. i did back up using titanium and im in the process of restoring the 200 apps i had backed up.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do NOT run *228 on this device.

sent from my bolt

turdbogls

Reaction score
how did you go about flashing the radio?
find the root only radios (rootzwiki has them for sure)
download the files
make sure the MD5 sums match
rename the file to PG05IMG.zip
move the file to the root of your SD card (not in any folder)
power off phone completely, or pull battery
hold power and volume down
phone will boot into HBOOT
it will find the file and ask you to start the flash
select volume up to say yes.
it will flash it
power to reboot when prompted
you now have the new radio

Reaction score
What about GPS on CM7? No luck?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

GPS workaround is to flash a sense based ROM and establish a God connection and then make sure you can get a lock and after you get a lock restore CM7 and you should have a more accurate Gps

sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt
[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
[Kernel] Protekk 2.6.35.14
Waiting for the Vigor...

RevosFTS

Reaction score
I dialed *228 one time when i was out in the woods. Didn't do anything. Why do u say don't use it though?

Sent from my Thunderbolt running Das Bamf Sense 3!?

SquintyOS

Reaction score
*228 is for 3g phones to update PRLs. Since the ThunderBolt runs off a different radio and a newer tech SIM card, it is ill-advised as it could fry the SIM card itself.

RevosFTS

Reaction score
10-4 appreciate it

Sent from my Thunderbolt running Das Bamf Sense 3!?