Cyanogen 5.0.5.4 is out

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by stlcity, Mar 29, 2010.

1. stlcity

stlcity New Member

It is available for download thru the ROM manager. have to enable developer mode to download it. I did download it. seems stable so far. The problem that I encounter is that when I apply themes that are compatible with CM it does not theme the framework.res file. The notification bar and the icons do not change....
  2. koush

koush Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Removed the developer mode requirement. Forgot about that.
  3. ThePravus

ThePravus New Member

Any Changelog?
  4. stlcity

stlcity New Member

Koush....cannot theme the notification bar with any of the themes that ran with the previous versions..otherwise ran fine for me. Went back to .3 as I cannot live with the white notification bar. Also did not see a changelog so not sure what really changed.
  5. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

May have to do like on the ESE2.1 roms and point the .thm to skin it on the sdcard and then push back. Will look at this later.
  6. budmonster

budmonster Guest

two question because i just switched to CM from petes bb 2.1.

what is the difference between cyamod 5.0.5 and 5.0.5.4? which is the latest rom?

and how do i apply themes? i want to apply the nextheme. do i just rename it to update.zip and flash?

EDIT: I just applied NexTHEME-v2.0 CM_5.0.5.3 Final
    and my phone says "T-CDMA 64" instead of Verizon now and all the Live Wallpapers work except the "Nexus" one, it just goes to a white bg.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2010
  7. rancid1

rancid1 New Member

I loved ultimate 8.6, but this new cyanogen is very smooth.
  8. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

i loaded cyanogen on my friends droid and he loved it loaded new ultimate droid on his and he fell in love instantly....i still like cyanogen the best.....i had alot of fc's on ultimate that i didnt i tried it a couple times and it did the same thing? i even took the steps that was explained to take when switchin o well whats up everyone??
  9. hayaku

hayaku New Member

helix2 fc's on me every once in a while. otherwise sometimes it takes a few seconds for the screen to populate with all the icons/widgets. i'm only running 2 widgets: beautiful home and the power control widget. what is the most stable launcher with 7 screens?

also, when using beautiful home, tapping on the time/date/weather sometimes pauses a few seconds and then finally goes where you want it to. seems like the whole phone pauses when.

i have a pretty plain install. nothing special and not much running in the background if that makes any difference. happened on both the stock 5.0.5.4 as well as patched kernels from bekit.

otherwise im very happy with the release.
  10. romanrish

romanrish New Member

Use ROM manager to do the upgrade. You will have to flash clockwork recovery, but can easily revert back to SPR if you need to. I can confirm that the NEXtheme works it is also available through ROM manager and runs flawlessly.
  11. bL33d

bL33d Member

haxmatic has a dex themed cyanogen rom available via rom manager aswell.
  12. stevonyc35

stevonyc35 New Member

i just updated to CM 5.0.5.4 and now marketplace is missing.
    marketplace was FC on me when i was running 5.0.5.3
    how can i get marketplace back?

thanks
  13. stlcity

stlcity New Member

Applied Nextheme successfully after upgrading to .4. Looks good. Now to wait for 5.0.5.5 from Koush....
  14. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

I just upgraded from .3 to .4 and helix2 does seem to be a bit faster than it was before. In general CM is pretty fast compared to what Ive seen with the other roms.

Ive only been using CM for a few days but I believe that you forgot to check "Google Apps" when going through the upgrade process, IDK how to get it back though.
  15. superglen99

superglen99 New Member

I went to download this and now my phone will not boot into recovery either by using rom manager or holding x and power. It just sits at the M all day. I had the newest clockwork and downloaded 5.0.5.4 and selected okay without selecting wipe data/cache or backup rom cause I have 5.0.5.3 currently. Now I can get it do update :( I have to do a battery pull to get the phone to start up after attempting to boot into recovery. any help?!?!?
  16. stlcity

stlcity New Member

Try the battery pull method. Should work. Good luck...

i went back to .3. For some reason the phone was running very hot last night. Also when I tried to adb push stuff i got an error saying there was no space left in the device. Under settings I had about 220Mb left. Did not make sense. Anyway used nandroid and went back to 5.0.5.3. it is running fine now.
  17. wil20mva

wil20mva New Member

If you look at the 5.0.5.3 post, the original them isworking just fine for my 5.0.5.4 install. I hate the white/grey look as well.
  18. wil20mva

wil20mva New Member

Which kernal were yoou using? I'm using bekits 1300 and the current temperature is a chilling 86 degrees F <<<oopps just went up 1 degree. 220mb is ok... A friend of mine shows 147 with no lag. My battery is also very efficient with setcpu profiles configured. I dont have too many widget configured since i like a clean screen.
    When you say an ADB push, I know youre reffering to a connection from the pc, but what are you pushing? Scripts? i wanna know... maybe I can start that too... although the terminal has been awesome so far.
  19. wil20mva

wil20mva New Member

did you update using rom manager... i did this too. check google apps the next time you try again.
  20. superglen99

superglen99 New Member

Stil no help for my not being able to boot into recovery poeple. I cannot update or change roms or even restore anything till this gets fixed. Serious issue here I need to know how to fix it. I cant go back to stock cause no recovery!!
Search tags for this page

cyamod