Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm here!!

What did it take?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tried putting the blue image folders in a .zip with the original script. Still didn't work. Then I realized I was creating the .zip with max compression. Created a new .zip with NO compression, and it worked. But then the images were too small, much smaller than the red images, and didn't fill the screen. VERY noticeable. So I went in and resized all the images to match the red images size and created a new .zip and VOILA!! It worked, with the sound. Is it ok to post .zips on the forum? :biggrin:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I tried putting the blue image folders in a .zip with the original script. Still didn't work. Then I realized I was creating the .zip with max compression. Created a new .zip with NO compression, and it worked. But then the images were too small, much smaller than the red images, and didn't fill the screen. VERY noticeable. So I went in and resized all the images to match the red images size and created a new .zip and VOILA!! It worked, with the sound. Is it ok to post .zips on the forum? :biggrin:

Post it baby!! Use Dropbox, Box, or another hosting service.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Downloaded, and moving to the phone now. By the way, did you resize each of the pics, or just adjust the size parameters on the text file? Also did you change the first number to a 1 7 01?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Downloaded, and moving to the phone now. By the way, did you resize each of the pics, or just adjust the size parameters on the text file? Also did you change the first number to a 1 7 01?

I didn't change anything in the text file. That one worked with the sound file. But the stock red images are 540 X 900 and the blue images were 480 X 800 so I resized all of them to match the size of the red ones. :p

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, so what you did was swap the folders from the blue into the working red, then resized EVERY IMAGE??? Geez!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK, so what you did was swap the folders from the blue into the working red, then resized EVERY IMAGE??? Geez!

I use an image program called "Irfan Viewer" that has a "batch conversion" feature ... it will resize images and replace the old ones in the new size right in the same folder, all you have to do is set the size and click start ... each folder took about 10 seconds. I have been using that for years. :p

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Man, I've used Irfan, but never knew it had a batch conversion feature! That's awesome. What quality did you choose for the output files?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Man, I've used Irfan, but never knew it had a batch conversion feature! That's awesome. What quality did you choose for the output files?

:icon_eek: Ummmm, I didn't LOL I set the size and let it go. Doesn't look any different on my phone. Did you get yours working? :biggrin:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
One thing though. It's out of sync. The animation is a good bit ahead of the sound - at least on mine. I am rebooting to be sure.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, so it seems the sound starts about 1 second too late. Watch the last burst and the listen to the "WHUMPH", that is supposed to be at that last burst of light. It comes about 1 second later.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One thing though. It's out of sync. The animation is a good bit ahead of the sound - at least on mine. I am rebooting to be sure.

The frames per second are the same in both versions? ... 15 FPS :blink:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yep. I don't think the animation is running at the wrong speed, I think it has something to do with the sound file. I am going to swap back to the original sound and see if it sync's up.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wait ... I was wrong. :icon_eek: The original red script is set to 15, his was set at 24. Want me to fix it?