CWM problems

Aidin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
GT-i9000
Twitter
Xaidinatorx2000
Hi I'm new to this forum and I have recently on my Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 installed Rom manager and in there I used the option install clockwork recovery and it said it was installed but when I manually boot in to the menu it's the default menu so when in the app I hit reboot into the menu and it doesn't work yet again my phone is rooted as well so as you may notice I can't install custom Roma right now so I am quit frustrated by the fact I'm stuck with android 2.2 ya old right so if any one knows how to fix this please let me know thanks

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Welcome to the forum. We have plenty of very knowledgeable members and I am confident one or more will be able to assist you in your dilemma. Please be patient and also be ready to supply additional information to help them troubleshoot your system. Help is on the way! :)

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Hi I'm new to this forum and I have recently on my Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 installed Rom manager and in there I used the option install clockwork recovery and it said it was installed but when I manually boot in to the menu it's the default menu so when in the app I hit reboot into the menu and it doesn't work yet again my phone is rooted as well so as you may notice I can't install custom Roma right now so I am quit frustrated by the fact I'm stuck with android 2.2 ya old right so if any one knows how to fix this please let me know thanks

Rom mangler? :eek:

I'm guessing you'd like to update it to a newer version of Android? If you do get Clockwork recovery or any recovery working then you probably won't be able to update that phone past Gingerbread. And that's if there's any files still left around. If it still works & it's something you need then I'd leave it alone

OP
A

Aidin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
GT-i9000
Twitter
Xaidinatorx2000
Rom mangler? :eek:

I'm guessing you'd like to update it to a newer version of Android? If you do get Clockwork recovery or any recovery working then you probably won't be able to update that phone past Gingerbread. And that's if there's any files still left around. If it still works & it's something you need then I'd leave it alone

Well I do want to update it I have found out I can get it up to 6.0 marshmallow but like I said even with root I don't get the extra menu options and recovery says it installed but it didn't and I can't manually do it because when I do the update.zip it says E:/ failed to read signature

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
TWRP doesn't support your device which would've been your best bet, imo. Take a looks at Philz Recovery philz recovery download - Google Search
The 1st option at XDA showed recoveries for the device you posted in the 1st post under Samsung. Although there's no more support for this it might work or it might not

Tapped from a Nexus 6