Cwm problems ami doing something wrong?

Imprezive

Reaction score
So im using safestrap and when i switch from safe system disabled( stock) to enabled ( custom) rom and then back again to the stock it has unable to recover data? now should i make a back up of the rom? To ensure that i wont lose those settings? Also, safestrap will not let me toggle from enabled to disable when this happens. Any one have any suggestions? This isnt my first time having these problems and have been trying to troubleshoot these issues myself now wondering if anyone else is having issues like this

eye_dea

Reaction score
A few tips:
Safestrap needs about 2g on the sd card to run correctly. If your on the unsafe side (stock) and it will not let you enable safe side, then go into safestrap app and uninstall recovery and reinstall recovery. If it still wont work, then delete the whole safestrap folder on sd card. Also, you can quick toggle if needed, but make.sure you have a recent backup to toggle to.

OP
I

Imprezive

Reaction score
Having same problem still . When toggling to enabled side it failed. I tried to toggle back and brings me to the welcome to android screen. so i restarted the phone to in cwm and tried to restore back just made and it gives me a error while restoring /systemorig... Now went in thru the android welcome screen unistalled safestrap and reinstalled it. Back to cwm to restore and failed

Last edited:

eye_dea

Reaction score
Did you unistall the app or the did you uninstall recovery through the app?
You have 2g free on sd card?
Did you rename your backups or move them? Maybe your backup is corrupt.
More than likely, you are going to have to delete the safestrap folder on sd card and start over. You will loose all ROMs and will need to reflash though.

OP
I

Imprezive

Reaction score
i uninstalled recovery then reinstalled it. I went to a quick toggle then and it took me to a axiom rom that I had installed a long long time ago. I had Eclipse 2.2 before hand. So after I booted into that I went back to recovery and toggled back to the stock side. It went to a bone stock right out of the box condition. I then tried to use restore on it and failed restoring /systemorig... again. Now its toggling back and forth again without any issue. For some reason though I feel like the original system files are not in the correct libraries, Since Ive used the quick toggle.

eye_dea

Reaction score
It looks to me that either eclipse was not backed up or it was corrupt and would not restore.
The nice thing about safestrap is that it *almost* will never let you totally fubar your phone.

Last edited: