CWM Problem

SPerry

Reaction score
I have tried CWM from the market and Hashcodes tweaked version with the same results. I am on a deodexed stock ROM with root. I make a backup with CWM, immediately go to restore and I can see the new backup, I can reboot phone then go back into CWM restore and the backup is gone. I also do not have a clockworkmod folder on either my internal or external SD Card.

ndoren

Reaction score
Are you booting into CWM from a cold boot (power+M then bp tools), from the tweaked haschode app, or from within ROM manager? You should try all three to see if any of those methods work. They all take a different approach to building the destination path to the nandroid backup (sdcard, sdcard-ext, etc.)

It seems to me that for whatever reason, your destination path isn't getting configured right. Hence the lack of a clockworkmod folder, and lack of a real backup. It seems like the backup is going into a black hole.

The latest version of Rom Manager has an option to store the nandroid on either internal or external memory. You may want to make sure you've updated that (if you use Rom Manager). The tweaked Hashcode bootstrap definitely works. Beyond that, I have to suspect your deodexed ROM, though I'm not sure why that would be an issue. Neall

OP
S

SPerry

Reaction score
I figured it out today. CWM didnt like my 32GB SD Card. Put a 16GB in and everything works normally.

ndoren

Reaction score
Which 32Gb card do you have? Mine has worked perfectly since the early days of the OG Droid 1, and now also perfectly with the Droid 3. I got the D3 on release day and moved my 32Gb card to it. So, no issues in the past few months, even with nandroid backups, etc. If you have the standard Sandisk 32Gb card, it should work fine. You should be able to do a standard reformat on a Windows PC (don't use the formatting utility on the Droid) and then try it in your Droid. If there's stuff on the card you don't want to lose, then copy it to the PC, reformat the card, then move it back. Neall

OP
S

SPerry

Reaction score
Yeah it is the standard SD Micro, used it in my Droid 2 with no problems. Before replacing it I formatted it in Win 7 with FAT 32 and tried it with the same results. I will probably buy another and try it sometime.