[CWM On Boot][Any national Razr] Now we have recovery boot is possible!

J.Y.Daddy

Reaction score
View attachment RAZR-CWMOnBoot-Global-J.Y.Daddy.zipI made package.
This package allows you to boot into the recovery.
wink.gif

This package is not an BMc08GT's "Clockwork on Boot".(from RootzWiki)
BMc08GT's "Clockwork on Boot" does not work on our razr.
But, i have got hint from BMc08GT's package.

So, i have analysis and research. And the result is this.
This package is completely different.
It's new package.
I'm sure that all Razr(any national) is working.
Ofcourse, i hope. Need test to the other national Razr user.
Our Razr(Korea Motorola Razr) is work well.

[Download]
http://min.us/mgqGjdOcp

[Full Install Step]
1. First, CWM Recovery install.(RazrBootstrap.apk)
2. Attachment file(RAZR-CWMOnBoot-Global-J.Y.Daddy.zip) download and copy at SDcard.(/sdcard-ext)
3. Recovery boot using by RazrBootstrap app.
4. in recovery menu: "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" -> select file.
5. After completed update, reboot.
6. After reboot, RazrBootstrap.apk set deny on Superuser. (Very important)
7. reboot. (is all finished)

* After all completed. On every reboot, will be boot into recovery.
* When select reboot menu in recovery, it will be boot normally.
* Met bootloop, Volumn Down + Power Button press.(stay for about 5 seconds)
* First, please backup using the recovery.

Enjoy and good luck with Razr!

Thanks to: BMc08GT

jtsativa420

Reaction score
anyone tried this yet?

Sent from my A500 using DroidForums

You know me, ready to jump out any open window. LOL.

Tried it today and it works with verizon razr as stated above. Would have yesterday had someone, cough cough (clearing my throat), alerted me about this thread!!

jtsativa420

Reaction score
It even works with the reboot option in rom toolbox. Which leads me to believe it will work with any reboot, including the volume down power press during boot loop. Although I have not been "lucky" enough to get to test this yet!

shizumie

Reaction score
Working fine on my vzw razr :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

thefuzz

Reaction score
Question, after installing the "deodexed" ROM, I can no longer boot into recovery. Do I need to reinstall this package?

Answer: Yes, need to go through the install process all over again, but then seems to work fine.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Please keep me posted on your progress and how the device is handling guys! With the deodexed ROM ...I still think were close to SBF by now..hoping that is..lol peace!

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

akiles

Reaction score
This kind of defeats the purpose of having a recovery-boot...
This could only work if every razr developer includes this method in their roms -otherwise you lose the ability of booting into recovery on the next flash ROM. Hey, even on the next "restore" if the hack was not there originally.

Question, after installing the "deodexed" ROM, I can no longer boot into recovery. Do I need to reinstall this package?

Answer: Yes, need to go through the install process all over again, but then seems to work fine.

thefuzz

Reaction score
This could only work if every razr developer includes this method in their roms -otherwise you lose the ability of booting into recovery on the next flash ROM. Hey, even on the next "restore" if the hack was not there originally.

I agree with you, I'm not flashing anything at this point. I'm happy with my deodexed ROM and a few mods such as wifi icon, 3g icon etc.

When we have full sbf and full CWM, then I say go for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jtsativa420

Reaction score

I hate to say but i disagree, at least for now, until we have an sbf. I can't confirm this as we have no custom roms but I'm sure you can integrate it into the rom, personally, in a matter of seconds before you flash it.

I have done this before with various patches or boot anis etc and worked without a hitch. In doing so it in essence would be included in all their roms. Any thoughts?

akiles

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, it is a HUGE step forward, but in order to be useful it must be included in the new ROM.
For instance, now you have your deodexed stock rom. You install this thing and it goes into /system/[somewhere]. Tomorrow someone makes a nice rom, completely de-blurred, but he knows nothing about this hack. You flash it, and something goes wrong and you go into a bootloop. But then that's it -you can't get into recovery because /system/ was wiped with the new ROM. Now you cannot get back to flash your old ROM.
I do agree with your last statement: if you could integrate, that would be nice. Even nicer would be to have an add-on flasher with a script -so you flash your rom, then flash the add-on that would add the boot-on-recovery. But all this stuff is beyond my puny brain and hopefully the developer is working on this.

BobC43

Reaction score
I have this installed and has been working now for some time. Now with the OTA update, I am concerned with doing the update. Anyone using the CWM on boot do the update and if so HOW did you do it. I Can use OTA Root Keeper, but I am concerned about what is loaded for the CWM on Boot causing a problem.

Thanks