[ROM] [CWM][LTE] ICL53F Deodexed Rooted Busyboxed+Softkeys+APM/AB+ChargeFix (1/2/12)

azrael13666

Reaction score
So after a reboot, my keys are back to stock, anyone else have this problem? I'm going to try and just flash it one more time. The APM/AB mod still works though.

StingRay

Reaction score
Any new reviews? Finally getting some free time to install a custom ROM and trying to choose between Fab's and Bugless Beast...2 old favorites...

Any luck on getting the soft keys to stick?

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk

StingRay

Reaction score
Advanced Power Menu + Autobrightness Tweaks (credit he_stheone64 on XDA for GSM version)

Adds reboot and recovery options to power menu. Raises auto brightness levels slightly.

Screenshot_2011-12-16-15-48-47.png

*flash this in recovery, wipe dalvik and cache

APM_AB_LTE_ICL53F.zip

57d65c60bafc7e14cec29449dfb01097 *APM_AB_LTE_ICL53F.zip

Fastboot images (optional, for those not on the latest kernel/baseband)

toro_radio_kernel_ICL53F.zip

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash radio radio-toro-i515.ek02.img
fastboot flash radio-cdma radio-cdma-toro-i515.ek05.img

Softkeys Mod (credit to Paul O'Brien, I learned from his SystemUI.apk to make mine ;-)

Must be on a deodexed ROM to install! Install after initial boot!

Search button, hidden menu buttons on both sides (exposed when apps call for them)

Screenshot_2011-12-15-22-13-42.png

softkeys_mod_ICL53F.zip

4d1713cfc93517cb5c6fa5f97d713be1 *softkeys_mod_ICL53F.zip

*flash this, no need to wipe anything

Question for Fab or anyone who has flashed this great looking ROM....

The soft keys shown in the first pic in the quote above show search and additional hidden menu button, but are different than the soft keys in the second pic...I like the soft keys shown in the first pic and was wondering if these are "stock" in this ROM, as opposed to those in the softkey mod ...

How do I get softkeys shown in first pic of quote? in the Fab ROM or by flashing the softkey mod?

TIA!

Snow02

Reaction score
Question for Fab or anyone who has flashed this great looking ROM....

The soft keys shown in the first pic in the quote above show search and additional hidden menu button, but are different than the soft keys in the second pic...I like the soft keys shown in the first pic and was wondering if these are "stock" in this ROM, as opposed to those in the softkey mod ...

How do I get softkeys shown in first pic of quote? in the Fab ROM or by flashing the softkey mod?

TIA!

That's wjd's version. It's over on rootz in the nexus theme forum.

StingRay

Reaction score
Okay...flashed Fab's ROM...flashed Power Control Mod...also added Nova Launcher...

My "About Phone" system info looks just like it did before flashing the ROM...can someone let me know how to tell that I've Fab's ROM? Power control mod working great and Nova Launcher is awesome....wanting to flash WJD's softkey mod, but not sure if it will work on Fab's ROM....anyone?

UPDATE/CHARGING BUG

Flashed ROM and Advanced Power Menu Mod/Auto Brightness...when I turned off phone and put on charger, the black screen with charging battery came on as usual, but never went out...screen frozen. Had to do batt pull to restore...Booted into recovery and wiped cache and dalvik...same issue with trying to charge after rebooting....screen froze on charging batt after plugging in.

Did a full data wipe and reflashed Fab ROM....ended in same place ...turned off device, put on charger, screen freezes on charging battery...anyone having anything similar to this?

FIX?

Okay, stumbled upon this thread for kernel update that supposedly fixes power off charging issue...http://www.droidforums.net/forum/fa...k-apex-kernel-v4-12-23-11-charging-fixed.html ...Will reflash Fab's ROM w/new kernel and report back...
Well 1st kernel (120) caused my Gnex to get stuck at the Google boot image...will try another...I must be rusty from my OG Droid rooting days, geez....

Last edited:
OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Hey guys, sorry I've neglected this ROM a bit (been working on 4.0.3 lately). I've updated the OP with a new version that has the charging issue resolved.

No need to wipe anything. However, if you have any mods installed, you will need to reinstall them.