CWM Issue

leftspin

Reaction score
When I boot into Clockwork Recovery, the volume down key is the only one that works. I can navigate the menu using it, but the up key won't move the selection up and the camera button won't work to select. I've tried re flashing CWM, flashing the 2nd init version and flashing an older version but still get the same problem. This happened to me once before, on the same ROM (CM4DX GB, latest build) and I was able to fix it with an SBF. Is there any other way to take care of this or should I just flash the SBF and be done with it?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what else you can do if every recovery does it. I guess you'll just have to sbf... even though it sucks

X

clueless77

Reaction score
its kinda like that day i got bootloop trying to get to recovery using same ROM, there must be a bug in the ROM and i think REV has stopped working on CM7 to start on other stuff

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Try loading RZRecovery for DX, it supports moving up/down with touch screen and select with home key.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ran it a few days ago, the only thing it would do is wipe cache. I couldn't get it to wipe data or install anything. It has potential though

X

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I ran it a few days ago, the only thing it would do is wipe cache. I couldn't get it to wipe data or install anything. It has potential though

X

I am running it without those issues, battery level reporting does not work but that's a non-issue really.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am running it without those issues, battery level reporting does not work but that's a non-issue really.

I might try it again... IDK. I just put it in system/preinstall/recovery and moved my old recovery to my SD just in case I needed to go back.

Are you able to flash nandroids made with CWR?

X

clueless77

Reaction score
I am sure i wasnt doing something right, but all i got was bootloop, so i just put old CWM in preinstall

if someone wants to explain i would appreciate it, but if not i understand

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I might try it again... IDK. I just put it in system/preinstall/recovery and moved my old recovery to my SD just in case I needed to go back.

Are you able to flash nandroids made with CWR?

X

Not yet.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I am sure i wasnt doing something right, but all i got was bootloop, so i just put old CWM in preinstall

if someone wants to explain i would appreciate it, but if not i understand

Try running the zip in CWR by 'flashing' it, the front leds will light and RZRecovery will start...no reboot.

OP
leftspin

leftspin

Reaction score
RZRecovery is giving me the same problems so it looks like I'm just gonna SBF

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums