CWM freezes up doing a backup!!

RVC

Reaction score
I am having trouble with clockwork and want to flash amon ra. I only have a Mac....phone is unlocked and rooted. Does anyone have a link to a thread with step by step directions how to flash amon ra with Mac? Thanks!

HowardZ

Reaction score
well, I think you need to install the android SDK. the SDK will get you the adb and fastboot commands. An alternative is if someone has packaged the files needed for a working adb and fastboot commands.

on a pc one also needs to install the HTC drivers. I imagine you might need HTC Mac driver.

if phone is booted normally, the commands are

adb devices
this should list your rezound serial number if it is connected to the Mac and everything is working.

adb reboot bootloader
this reboots phone to bootloader.

fastboot devices
this should list your rezound serial number

fastboot boot blahblahfilename
this boots the phone to the specified IMG file. this should be the amon ra recovery IMG file. this does not flash the recovery, and the recovery program in the phone is still there.

personally, I like to keep the stock recovery in the phone for future OTA updates, and boot Ramon ra from pc when needed.

fastboot flash recovery blahfilename
this will change the recovery IMG stored in the phone.

These are commands from my memory and may have mistakes.

I am unaware of any Mac instructions and downloads. The simplest way is to go to xda developers forum and download hansoon's all-in-one tool for rezound, but it needs a pc -not a Mac.

Last edited:
OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score
Thanks for the help...I will keep trying.

Nealius

Reaction score
assuming you have everything set up correctly from above. Make sure you have enough storage space for the backup. I ran out of space during a backup today. After clearing out about 9 backups I was able to run it. It was a true DUH! moment.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I was just going to jump in and suggest good ol' Amon Ra. Glad to hear you got it going for you.. but(in my opinion) Amon Ra is still better than CWM on the Rezound.

OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score
I do have enough room for a backup....I am trying to flash amon ra but can't figure out the commands in terminal on my Mac. I don't know how I managed to root it several months back!!! I'm old and I forget the details!

OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score
I do have access to a PC when I go home on leave....as for now I will just keep running GB. I bought a Galaxy Nexus and have been switching back and forth. That phone is so much easier to mod but the screen is not near what the Rezound is. I have to say the GN is silky smooth and fast running Apex or CM9.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I do have enough room for a backup....I am trying to flash amon ra but can't figure out the commands in terminal on my Mac. I don't know how I managed to root it several months back!!! I'm old and I forget the details!

You can still use a mac. You just need the mac version of the Android SDK and the command is the same. fastboot flash recovery [amonra.img]

OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score
I have been fooling around with it....I am just ignorant in regards to typing in proper terminal commands.