[CWM] Bootstrap app officially released for the Bionic

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I did, I ended up getting into the standard Android recovery. Where it pulls up the little exclamation mark inside of the triangle next to the little Droid fella. Then when I push up and down again it goes to Android System Recovery (3e) with the options reboot system now, apply update from sd card (which could keep me from re flashing so I figured that out) wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition. It doesn't give me all of the options that the CWM based recovery V4.0.1.5 has. The only way I've been able to get into Bootstrap Recovery is to open the app and select "Reboot Recovery". Do I need to re download the apk and re-install? Or is that the only way to reboot into Clockwork as opposed to Android recovery? Thanks for the help!!!

Ur right, I don't know how to access it other than through the app either. Holding volume buttons while booting up brought me to stock recovery as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
Ur right, I don't know how to access it other than through the app either. Holding volume buttons while booting up brought me to stock recovery as well.

I have not installed it myself but custom recovery normally replaces the stock recovery. I would think that if you are able to get into stock recovery then that means you don't really have custom recovery installed

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
Berzerker

Berzerker

Reaction score
I have not installed it myself but custom recovery normally replaces the stock recovery. I would think that if you are able to get into stock recovery then that means you don't really have custom recovery installed

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
That's not how bootstrap works. It doesn't replace the recovery, it just hijacks the booting process to boot into another area of the phone that runs the CWM temporarily.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
That's not how bootstrap works. It doesn't replace the recovery, it just hijacks the booting process to boot into another area of the phone that runs the CWM temporarily.

Ok, so what happens in a bootloop when u can't access CWM? We'd have to FXZ?

levi2502

Reaction score
Ok, so what happens in a bootloop when u can't access CWM? We'd have to FXZ?

I am assuming you will have to use the standard Android recovery to install an update. It does have the option... dont know if it will install a modified ROM but I assume it would. Only time will tell. Daddy needs his medicine... and ROMS are his medicine!